Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

So it ended up being the same amount of years and dollars that has been expected for like a year... Glad we wasted an entire off-season to get to that point.

And what's the point of having tons of payroll flexibility if we aren't going to spend it?  If we won't pay for Machado now, we will never get a big time free agent with the current ownership group.

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So let's see - moving Moncada to 3b and saying he would start there was in fact a total giveaway yesterday.

How many "Insiders" had nothing? RaBBiT, Richardson, Gomez, Bucket - all said they wouldn't let him get away.

And we helped out Cleveland and Jon Jay, because it's better to have a guy's friends around than to actually pay what he's worth. 

This franchise CAN SUCK MY BALLS!

• Like 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So let's see - moving Moncada to 3b and saying he would start there was in fact a total giveaway yesterday.

How many "Insiders" had nothing? RaBBiT, Richardson, Gomez, Bucket - all said they wouldn't let him get away.

And we helped out Cleveland and Jon Jay, because it's better to have a guy's friends around than to actually pay what he's worth. 

Good on you for using insiders in quotes because yeah they know nothing

2 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

If they couldn't beat that, I am honestly done.

They clearly could not

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

If there are no opt outs in this deal, then I'm really disappointed that the Sox couldn't match/beat it.

Agreed. My guess it would be the 10 years that was the deciding factor, if the opt outs are involved.

Sox should have done this deal if it is accurate that there's a single opt out after year 5. Surprised we would have come to the table at all if we weren't willing to go for him at this price. There's still a good chance we wind up feeling glad we didn't make the deal, but this is what everyone should have expected Machado to get. And there's of course a chance he makes it well worth the expense.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah I won’t go to a single game this year.

I have been on this site for months just reading all of the sites comments but like I have said the few times I have commented, reinsdorf, hahn and this whole organization is GARBAGE, the only way to affect them is DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. 

For those blaming Hahn and saying he needs to be fired, you should be placing your blame elsewhere. All Hahn can do is work the best with what he is allowed to spend. This shows that Reinsdorf was never going to sign off on a $300 million contract. He's the cheap ass and the reason this team won't spend money. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres