Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, kevo880 said:

For those blaming Hahn and saying he needs to be fired, you should be placing your blame elsewhere. All Hahn can do is work the best with what he is allowed to spend. This shows that Reinsdorf was never going to sign off on a $300 million contract. He's the cheap ass and the reason this team won't spend money. 

counterpoint: Hahn has been here nearly 20 years and he and KW have one good season to show for it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

But why waste 13 mil on Alonso and Jay. This whole charade doesn't make any sense. if they weren't willing to top 30mil AAV

Because they're clowns, not professionals. They thought they could bring in his friends and have it be a party and the fact that they wouldn't put a fair offer on the table wouldn't matter. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, dasox24 said:

So it ended up being the same amount of years and dollars that has been expected for like a year... Glad we wasted an entire off-season to get to that point.

And what's the point of having tons of payroll flexibility if we aren't going to spend it?  If we won't pay for Machado now, we will never get a big time free agent with the current ownership group.

This is what I don't understand. This is exactly what was speculated from the get go. If the Sox were serious, they would have been there. 

• Like 1

Machado wanted to play along side Tatis Jr for the next 5 years +

But what did I expect? It's just business as usual for the White Sox. I'm just glad its over so I can go back to hitting F5 on MiLB box scores and continue to ignore the MLB team.

So now WTF do we do with the collection of replacement-level Machado homeboys we've collected? 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres