Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I was optimistic, but I can't say I'm surprised.  The deal sounds like something the Sox should have beaten, especially if they were offering 8 years at $250M or so.  Leads me to believe that either the Sox never had any intention of going to 10 years or Manny decided he'd prefer to play in San Diego.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I was optimistic, but I can't say I'm surprised.  The deal sounds like something the Sox should have beaten, especially if they were offering 8 years at $250M or so.  Leads me to believe that either the Sox never had any intention of going to 10 years or Manny decided he'd prefer to play in San Diego.

I kept trying to avoid running my mouth about how inept they were because I thought there was a chance that they could actually do their jobs. But alas, every single thing I said about their incompetence is proven right. Once again.

Worst front office in baseball, worst White Sox general manager of my lifetime. And yes, that includes Hawk Harrelson. I don't even think it's up for debate any more. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why's everyone so upset?

We still get to watch Moncada try to not strike out 200 times, Anderson try to reach the glorious .700 OPS mark for the first time in a full season, Luis Robert/Alec Hansen/Dane Dunning/Jake Burger/Micker Adolfo/Carlos Rodon try to play something even close to full seasons, Giolito try to post an ERA under 6, Zack Collins try to hit .250 at AA, and Luis Basabe try to play well enough to be worth caring about at all.

In positive news, I'm fairly confident that Eloy will hit .280 with an .800 OPS, Luis Gonzalez will continue to rise as a prospect, and ReyLo will perform as a serviceable #3 starter.

Yeah, probably not enough to excite me any more than last year's losers.

But at least we have Alonso, Jay, and Nova!

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres