Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

A total failure 

They were probably so dead set on not negotiating against themselves and Probably thought the Padres were just in it to drive up the value. Well, this is one of the terrible White Sox moments no one can spin. A good friend of mine is cancelling his ticket plan and i dont blame him

• Like 1

What an utter joke.  Unless, as I said before the main target was always Harper and they were trying to get Machado on the cheap.  Bringing in his friends and not landing him is inexcusable.  That's something you do AFTER YOU SIGN HIM.  Hahn needs to be fired, immediately.  Unless this means Harper to the Sox and that's where the money was going, they straight up lied to the entire fanbase by saying they were at the table and serious about landing either of these guys.  Coming out and saying they couldn't go to 300, which was on the low end of the estimated contracts it would take to get these guys, is a fucking joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Lozano totally called Hahn and informed him the Padres offered 10/300. Hahn knew he didn't have that kind of ammo and had to tap out. 

What a crushing blow to every Sox fan. This cheap organization is EXACTLY who we thought they were. Not deserving of a seat at the big boy table. 

Exactly. They were given the opportunity to beat it, just like I said they would. They failed. Still shouldn't bid against yourself, but you need to bid big when there's competition. They didn't.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

They had Yonder Alonso make calls to get season ticket holders to renew. Basically saying "yeah we gonna sign machado wink wink"

While they weren't ready to top a 30mil aav.

You can't make this shit up.

Wait, is this actually true? They used Yonder Alonso to make phone calls to season ticket holders? Holy crap this gets more embarrassing by the second 

• Like 1

Yeah I wanted the sox to sign machado more than anything, never wanted my concerns vindicated.

But it's obvious there are signs of failure in the sox execution and way of operating that puts them at a disadvantage. When it's pointed out its met with a lot of resistance, but a lot of posters were right. 

The sox need to find big bats, and in search of big bats I am sure they are going to have tunnel vision.

Like when they tried to fix the offensive output of catcher by ditching tyler flowers only to not fix the offensive output and open up a defensive issue. Which they tried to fix by ditching narvaez.

I'm not surprised, but I'm still annoyed and upset from a fan perspective. This makes the rebuild unbelievably harder. It was just money. Now they need to use talent in the most efficient way possible.

The sox should really question whether their judgment of value is completely deficient considering their output. Machado at 300 mill is too high, but alonso at 10, nova at 9, herrera at 8, all getting you output you should easily be able to create with 800k.

We helped our rival and took on a .780 ops first baseman. SMDH

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I disagree. I think had the Sox been serious in January about "stepping up" they likely get Machado before the Padres are involved.

This is amateur hour.

And Soxbadger is usually positive

Next thing you know Ss2k5 will be joining us in bashing the Sox!

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Lozano totally called Hahn and informed him the Padres offered 10/300. Hahn knew he didn't have that kind of ammo and had to tap out. 

What a crushing blow to every Sox fan. This cheap organization is EXACTLY who we thought they were. Not deserving of a seat at the big boy table. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Makes me think the Sox told Lozano their offer was as high as they could go, or he told them, there is a magic number, and they blew it off.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So it sounds like the Sox didn’t even get a chance to match if KW found out about the deal via twitter

Didn't Kenny just say that they couldn't have matched $300m? So what does it matter if the White Sox put their offer on the table and it wasn't close to good enough? If those clowns had sat on a $250 million offer all offseason saying they wouldn't go higher, and you got a $300 million offer, why waste your time with those clowns who said they won't go to that number even to get a deal done? Deal with the professional who put a fair offer on the table, not the clowns who thought they had a sneaky way to make the player take a $50 million discount. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Jesus Christ, Williams is talking about putting their best foot forward, effort, etc. 

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT. How do they not understand that?

NO ONE CARES WHAT KENNY, HAHN OR JERRY WILL TRY TO SPIN. THIS IS PURE FAILURE TO GET THE JOB DONE.

This is such a blow, I'm beside myself

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Makes me think the Sox told Lozano their offer was as high as they could go, or he told them, there is a magic number, and they blew it off.

Kinda sounds like they were dicking him around with incentives too while Kenny talks out of both sides of his mouth here.  This was the Sox derby to lose and they fuckin lost it.  Once again, this is an epic fuckin failure in every fuckin way possible.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres