Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, DashFan said:

lol total winning roster... if jon jay and alonso are what the sox consider the kind of 2nd tier FA we need to build a winning roster then i'm done. just canceled my mlb.tv subscription. I think i need a break.

Yeah, it was a stupid plan and I've said so from day one. That wasn't going to be the deciding factor in getting Manny, and it was cheap of us to try. And outside of that idiotic incentive, neither of those players have any actual value on the baseball field. .738 OPS last year for Alonso. As a firstbaseman. He SUCKS.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

To be fair to those guys they should give them their release right now. Let them go find work elsewhere. Eat the money and take the L. If you actually care about them as a human you wouldn't subject them to the vitriol that is going to come their way from ignorant fans. 

I agree with this. I won’t be attending any games in 2019, but they risk receiving an unfair brunt of fan unhappiness. It’s not fair to them because they’re forever associated with the failed Machado sweepstakes

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t necessarily think Sox are out on Bryce and KW could be bluffing

Stop your wet dreaming.  Sox don’t waste $13 million on two trash players if Harper was their target all along.  And if Machado gets $300 million, Harper will get even more and it will also be too much for the Sox to spend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t necessarily think Sox are out on Bryce and KW could be bluffing

They are absurd statements to make. "We have to be able to sign the younger guys later." The younger guys who you have no fucking clue if they're actually going to be anything 6 FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW?!

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

What was it with Kenny saying that Jerry really stepped up?!!??  Just shut up Kenny!!!!  You need to stop talking.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you. These guys will blow Jerry all day. Hahn should be embarrassed and if he was serious about his career he should find somewhere that will give him the resources he needs.

3 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

Why did the White Sox drag us through all this if they never were gonna go to 300mil, WTF!! They want all our money, but won't spend what's needed to get us some wins and butts in the seats.

Change that awful image you have associated with your user account.

• Love 1

Had season tix for 24 years and cancelled them in November.  Had little to no faith then, and even less now.  My issue both then and now was the truly terrible drafting record.  SO many crap pics in the last 5+ years, squandering high draft positions year after year... Rodon (fragile and mentally weak), Fulmer (terrible control and no plus offerings) Burger (are you kidding me - a beer league softball player with a top 15 pick?) and on and on it goes... They trade away blue chippers for a glut of AAAA outfielders (Rutherford and Basabe) or bust worthy (Giolito) pitching and strike out plagued Moncada - our new 3rd baseman - ugh...  They over pay for a prospect (Robert) who can't stay healthy... And now, after having 2+ years to prepare by clearing roster $$, they swing and miss on Machado, but not until they blow over $10 mil on his buddies/family Jay and Alonso (and helping the Indians in the process)...

Incompetence rules and the common denominator is Jerry.  They better hope and pray that Cease and Jimenez don't implode or there really is nothing left to hope for.  Vote with your $$ WSox fans... no need to support this crap until Jerry sells or croaks.... Be thankful for 2005 - - it's not ever coming back under this ownership.

On day one, he said he wanted 10/300. The Sox dicked him and the fans around for 2.5 months, and the Padres said "fine, we'll take a franchise player" and came in and got him.

The Sox failed to land the second biggest free agent of all-time over $1.5m annual salary.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If the sox will not spend more than 66 million on a free agent, you'd think they'd have the courtesy to start operating like a progressive, smart front office squeezing every bit of value out of their budget like the rays and as.

Instead they are delusional, thinking that they are all individually brilliant and loyal and they will find a way, no need to shake the boat, then one of us could lose a job!

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

You need to live up to your reputation today. We are NOT signing Harper.

Some lesser, shitty free agent who will do nothing but suck and leave us in fourth place, sure. Bryce? No.

Just now, Machado2Sox said:

Stop your wet dreaming.  Sox don’t waste $13 million on two trash players if Harper was their target all along.  And if Machado gets $300 million, Harper will get even more and it will also be too much for the Sox to spend.

Yeah at this point I think it's more likely for the Padres to sign both.

Harper isn't signing here, the Sox are just cheap or/and delusional.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres