Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd rather deal with those minor mistakes that than this crapfest. 

Just looking for my own personal silver lining. I was prepared for this. Wasn't expecting it but hey when you follow the same organization for 50   years you kind of get an idea not to get your hopes up too high. Anything good that happens I treat it as a pleasant surprise.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So when they do spend you hate it - Robert.

When they commit to the future you hate it - sale and Eaton trade.

You also have already determined how good basebe and Rutherford are - got it. 

Good takes. Rodon was the consensus pick but he sucks and has no chance either..got it.

Rick we can hear your side of this in a few minutes.  

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox fans always look for reasons not to go to games... hence why spending a lot is hard for ownership because they draw like the Marlins. Not an excuse but hate this kind of thought process. 

I'll go to watch timmy and moncada and eloy... no reason not to still be excited about the young talent.

I guess this is why the  high attendance Bulls are always signing top free agents. The reality is, our owner sucks, the GMs on both teams suck, and they fans need to tell both teams to fuck off. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

9 minutes ago, Sockin said:

They are absurd statements to make. "We have to be able to sign the younger guys later." The younger guys who you have no fucking clue if they're actually going to be anything 6 FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW?!

They may be rebuilding, but it’s obvious they are still in the old mindset of 2005 roster construction. Except with a young roster of cheap talent they can save even more money trying to find their reclamation projects or bounce back players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

KW saying they can't pay a single guy 30mil/yr because they want a winning team on the field in a season where they are paying Alonso and Jay 13mil is just

hilarious.

As I said before, you can't make this shit up-

Yeah part of the expectation of getting those guys is that money would be no impediment to a deal. And that wasn’t true. That $13m now looks dumb. 

1 minute ago, default said:

No dude, you leave, and take your "oh well" sunshine and rainbows bullshit with you.  People are upset and they have every reason to be.  

Come on guys, let's not go at each other. We're all disappointed and rightfully so, but let's not take it out on each other.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just looking for my own personal silver lining. I was prepared for this. Wasn't expecting it but hey when you follow the same organization for 50   years you kind of get an idea not to get your hopes up too high. Anything good that happens I treat it as a pleasant surprise.

I'm just the opposite. At the beginning, I was laughing along with Buster Olney. But then I started looking around, saw all the teams that were out, and finally bought in. It was like the Abreu signing all over again. The Sox take advantage of the big spenders being out. I'm disappointed in myself for actually thinking these clowns could get something like this done. 

Edited by Dick Allen

3 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I'm glad this happened we can finally move on and do a rebuild the proper way. Machado was never going to be enough and just going to lead to more shortsighted moves.

Hopefully, Harper is a no too.

The teams that win championships sign top end talent to supplement their rebuilt core. We aren't contending for years to come with just the guys in the minors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

They may be rebuilding, but it’s obvious they are still in the old mindset of 2005 roster construction. Except with a young roster of cheap talent they can save even more money trying to find their reclamation projects or bounce back players

That will likely be Hahn's spin at the 1pm.  They don't want to be "hamstrung" by a big contract and he'll likely point to Cubs comments yesterday that they're "out of money".

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I guess this is why high attendance Bulls are always signing too free agents. The reality is, our owner sucks, the GMs on both teams suck, and they fans need to tell both teams to fuck off. 

Agreed. I wasn't expecting them to sign either player, but I wasn't expecting them to sign for as little as they did either. 10/300 is a bargain. No excuses. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The #firegarpax billboard didnt exactly achieve that goal but it did get a bunch of local and national headlines. I'd love to see something stupidly funny like that in Bridgeport.

Probably because it all comes down to Reinsdorf . Anger at his underlings, though deserved, is misdirected anger .

1 minute ago, G&T said:

Yeah part of the expectation of getting those guys is that money would be no impediment to a deal. And that wasn’t true. That $13m now looks dumb. 

The problem for me is that anyone with a brain knew 300 million was the bench mark. Our organization seems shocked that 10 and 300 million got it done. 

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres