Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Now that Manny's gone, we can sign Gio, Jose Bautista, Adam Jones, and Marwin Gonzalez, so we can focus on putting together a winning roster, like Kenny says. Winning roster, as in "winning 73 games".

Someone convince me in the next eight days to cancel MLBTV. Please.

Thanks for mentioning MLBTV. I can't get MLB Extra Innings because my cable company either is too cheap to provide it or Reinsdorf is asking too much. I thought my MLBTV had already automatically re-upped. I will now check to see if I can still cancel. I will say it again... Reinsdorf: Sign Harper now regardless of the cost or you will not get one penny of Sox support from me. Yes, I am a fan and always will be, but as long as that FO continues to lie to us and go CHEAP, they get nothing from me. There are plenty of other ways to spend my money. I will not give any to this CHEAP owner if he does not sign Harper.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Bulls have offered max deals to every major free agent for decades. This is an absurdly stupid take.

They dont get them for other reasons, not because the money isn'tthetre.

Funny how the other teams in the NBA make it work. We seem to always finish second for these guys, and money is a part of it. We trade valuable draft picks for cash, we traded Kyle Korver for NBA cash that we didnt actually spend. They offer Max's for Lebron types but when it comes down to it, they wont fork up the cash. 

9 minutes ago, default said:

No dude, you leave, and take your "oh well" sunshine and rainbows bullshit with you.  People are upset and they have every reason to be.  

Grow up. It's a game and a team you root for. It sucks but life will go on. 

Guy wants to say hes not a fan because they didnt spend 300 million dollars. Please. What a joke. 

White Sox fans - the most demanding fanbase in the world that doesn't show up to games or watch them on tV. It goes both ways pal.

You aren't a fan if your fanhood relies on one player that has never even played for the organization. Trading sale day was 1000 times harder for me as a fan than this. Manny was never a white Sox. Shit happens.

Its oh well because I like the young guys and if manny didnt wanna join that then so he if. Let's go burger.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I do remember you saying that. 

There’s never a good time to lose out on a FA that the entire fanbase was following for months, but Jesus — right before Spring Training? 

Atleast he has basically eliminated us from Harper too. No use trying to hold onto that slim chance

I mean I won't deny I caught some of the feels at the highs of all of this, but the longer we failed to close it out, the more I lost those feels.  We left the door open, an absurdly low bid left the door open, and San Diego snatched him away.  It wasn't how I would have envisioned the process running, but the end game is what I figured.  We finished 2nd.  Again.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Grow up. It's a game and a team you root for. It sucks but life will go on. 

Guy wants to say hes not a fan because they didnt spend 300 million dollars. Please. What a joke. 

White Sox fans - the most demanding fanbase in the world that doesn't show up to games or watch them on tV. It goes both ways pal.

You aren't a fan if your fanhood relies on one player that has never even played for the organization. Trading sale day was 1000 times harder for me as a fan than this. Manny was never a white Sox. Shit happens.

Its oh well because I like the young guys and if manny didnt wanna join that then so he if. Let's go burger.

I'm a die-hard Sox fan and am extremely disappointed.  However, if you don't support your team when it hits rock bottom, then you weren't a fan in the first place.    Don't get me wrong this stings, but you're not a die-hard if you're going to switch to another team that quickly.  

FYI....Anyone with a subscription to MLBTV, you have until March 1 before your subscription "automatically renews". I just called and CANCELLED my subscription. When I called the lady evens said to me "Is it because of the White Sox", so I am pretty sure I was not the first to cancel.  If Reinsdorf reverses his CHEAP course and somehow signs Harper, then I will reinstate my subscription. Otherwise NOT ONE CENT from me to support this untruthful owner. No jerseys, no TV, no tickets from me. This is not 30 years ago with limited entertainment available. There are plenty of other ways to spend my $ if all I get from the Sox FO is LIES.

Edited by xSouthsider2
Hit enter too soon.
  • Like 3

I'm devastated just like everyone else.  This one hurt more than any other in the past.  But you have to immediately go in to what's next mode.  You can't lose any more time with Manny Machado than what's already gone.  It's infuriating.  It's bitter.  I can't even read the ESPN article that has his face on it.  Makes me sick.  But you can't lament or you will lose even more.  And everything you do from this point forward should be fueled by this moment.  Manny and Bryce were always MUST signs given the state of our battered franchise.  But neither are proven winners...in fact...Machado never delivered a team to the next level.  Bryce was a part of some great Nationals teams, but never delivered them to a title. 

Maybe our focus turns to our rotation.  Sale/MadBum...maybe it turns to Arenado.  But now the front office knows not to waste time on these types of players if they think they can get them cheap.  That will always be the most difficult part of this whole joke.  They honestly believed they would get Machado for cheap.  It's a shame...they had him--all they needed to do is pay for him.    But we've already lost 3 months on this.  Time to just purge the Manny Machado saga and save ourselves from more pain thinking about it.  

1 minute ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I'm a die-hard Sox fan and am extremely disappointed.  However, if you don't support your team when it hits rock bottom, then you weren't a fan in the first place.    Don't get me wrong this stings, but you're not a die-hard if you're going to switch to another team that quickly.  

That's the thing- rock bottom keeps getting redefined around these parts. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres