Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Machado2Sox said:

Hahn said he got a call from Machado’s representation (Lozano).

They had a chance to match but didn’t.

But these guys really want to win. 

Oh and apparently theres no set mark on how high theyre willing to go for a player. Unless it’s Machado or Harper

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

that may be the case...but that is not what Hahn SAID. key difference. He may be lying, but I don't like posters changing the presser to make us all more upset. 

I don’t care what he said.  Do you really believe anyone in the Sox front office now?  What do agents do?  They get the biggest contract for their clients by pitting two or more teams against each other.  Man, don’t be so gullible.

Edited by Machado2Sox
  • Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

So Kenny and Hahn can't even get their lies straight. One is shocked and didn't see it coming, the other got the call and didn't match. One says 300 million is too much, the other says there are no restrictions. 

They sound a lot like the 45 admin right now. Can't even get their lies straight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Machado was a very important piece. Great offensively and defensively at 3rd base .Same age as a lot of guys we have on the roster we keep giving chances to but actually a vet with a lot of good years behind him. Not an injury prone guy . Plays just about every game every year. He fit everything the Sox could ve wanted in a market that they couldn't have hoped to be better.  I totally understand why this is so crushing to so many.

When all your prospects are getting injured and failing and the fan base is ready to abandon hope Machado represented a brighter future and a chance to renew faith in the organization.

Yep...perfect piece, at perfect time, with perfect circumstances, and FAILED Lol

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

So Kenny and Hahn can't even get their lies straight. One is shocked and didn't see it coming, the other got the call and didn't match. One says 300 million is too much, the other says there are no restrictions. 

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Nah,

he said this apparently.

It is the last time anyone will take their chances of actually signing a premium free agent seriously. KW said they can't afford $30 million a year if they want to build a championship roster.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

So Kenny and Hahn can't even get their lies straight. One is shocked and didn't see it coming, the other got the call. One says 300 million is too much, the other says there are no restrictions. 

I think Hahn is in traditional spin mode, Kenny is just dumb enough to blurt out his incompetence to a reporter off-the-cuff

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I’d still be infuriated but this is better than pissing on my head and telling me it’s raining

Absolutely. This is the smart answer, and may be actually correct. Id stomach this much more if we just said “ we don’t think he’s that good.”

The stupid answer is saying “well we tried really hard and I’m proud of us”

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Remind you of GarPax?

They didn't deserve to be the architects of this rebuild. They both should have been shitcanned in June 2016. They were the Bulls from 2013-16 before the Bulls were the Bulls. The Bulls have just caught up to the Sox in terms of their incompetence. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Sorry guys, I'm going to be out a while trying tp process this. My team, the one I wholeheartedly pledge my allegiance to, planned for this offseason for 2 to 3 years? They didn't lose out to the Yankees, or the Phillies--but to the Padres?! That's just unacceptable. Oh and wait till we play them in interleague games. And see him and Tatis in that infield - won't that be a kick to the sack! Sadly, mlb fans everywhere today are saying it -" glad I'm not a sox fan. Hate to be them today".

I don't know what to say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

And that is why you should stop spouting your mouth off.

Nice of you to cut out the rest of my comment...

You must also believe Hahn and Kenny when they try to say $250 million guaranteed plus incentives is worth more than $300 million guaranteed.  😂 

Edited by Machado2Sox
  • Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres