Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I think I've come to the realization today that this team will always be the "also ran" and never a serious, annual contender. Its like that middling NASCAR team that just throws a slow car on the track to get the sponsor money. Nobody roots for that fucking guy. No one buys that guy's tshirt.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I think I've come to the realization today that this team will always be the "also ran" and never a serious, annual contender. Its like that middling NASCAR team that just throws a slow car on the track to get the sponsor money. Nobody roots for that fucking guy. No one buys that guy's tshirt.

The White Sox are the Washington Generals until proven otherwise

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Having a shit week at work too, the weather is shit, everything is shit.  It's days like this you honestly wonder why you even care about sports.   Was 2005 worth it?  I'm honestly starting to think maybe it wasn't.

It was. They wouldn't have changed their operating procedures even if they didn't catch lightning in a bottle that year. We'd probably be in the same place we are now, just with no "Palmeiro, over the head of Jenks... Uribe charges, throws... OUT! And the White Sox have won the world series!" to repeatedly watch on Youtube.

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Hahn and Co. asked for patience and to buy into the rebuild being a success. I seriously question whether we are any closer to true contention as we sit now, than we were two years ago?

With HUGE AMOUNTS of payroll flexibility moving forward, they elected to be outbid for a premium free agent and tapped out. I do not buy into the BS that Kenny and Hahn are selling anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's not just the players union. a "Swell opt" structure up to $350 is a worse deal for the player than a straight opt-out after 5 years. The guarantee being higher is better for the player, the straight player option after 5 years is better for the player. 

I also don't believe he's getting 5 for 200 when he's 31. So it's not like the player opt out at 5 years is better no matter what. 

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

What sucks is there is no doubt I would have rather seen Avi get one more chance with Palka at DH instead of giving Alonso at bats and releasing Avi

Yeah...that is what I'm saying, too. I didn't really like Avi coming back, but with what the option is now, it makes no sense not to have brought him back. What a cluster...

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

I really hope Sox fans aren't going to go after Hector Gomez. He seems like a really nice guy, just didn't have the right info. Not his fault

I had faith in his word, but I dont blame Gomez for whatever angle he was running. That includes WSD. All the attention should be focused on the failures of the front office

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

It was. They wouldn't have changed their operating procedures even if they didn't catch lightning in a bottle that year. We'd probably be in the same place we are now, just with no "Palmeiro, over the head of Jenks... Uribe charges, throws... OUT! And the White Sox have won the world series!" to repeatedly watch on Youtube.

I wonder if KW would still be around and JR as well (would have sold?) if they hadn't won.  Makes you wonder kinda "what if".  Seems like the Sox have rallied around the core guys from that FO time and time again since then to absolutely no results.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I hope Sox marketing is reading this forum, and is on the phone with JR alarming him of the impending shitstorm that is about to occur. Sox fans are about to swear off the team a la Dollar Bill Wirtz/Blackhawks. If he's ok with that, it is up to him but I hope he doesn't want that. He's done a hell of a job alienating his most loyal fans. He should be on the phone with Boras personally trying to save face......otherwise be prepared for attendance figures in the hundreds instead of thousands for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Hahn and Co. asked for patience and to buy into the rebuild being a success. I seriously question whether we are any closer to true contention as we sit now, than we were two years ago?

With HUGE AMOUNTS of payroll flexibility moving forward, they elected to be outbid for a premium free agent and tapped out. I do not buy into the BS that Kenny and Hahn are selling anymore. 

The problem is the white sox have not shown that they have improved their talent evaluation or development. Manny was a cheat code to cover it up.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres