Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

it really is a shame that Alonso and Jay are taking up roster spots, the fuck?

we are literally wasting money on those guys

Money we could have just given to Manny. Their commitments alone this year are almost half of Manny's AAV. 

2 minutes ago, Machado2Sox said:

Hilarious how Hahn and Kenny got all Sox fans hopes up and made so many stupid comments regarding this chase.  Now they are left with playing mediocre family and friends for a combined $13 million over younger guys.  It’s obvious they had a big ego and thought they were going to land him for a steal at their lowball guaranteed deal.  What a couple of absolute clowns.

Lolol remember when the sox were 'serious' about signing BOTH Harper and Machado. The clowns couldn't even sign one.

• Like 2

The issue is they could literally have not handled the response worse. To have your VP go out there and publicly say "we couldn't go to 300 mil" and claim you need money to sign your young players who haven't proven a damn thing is absurd. The market has been set, elite players are going to want 300M, we will forever be able to write them off because of KW. Then you have your GM go out there and say they're happy with what they have and also contradict your VP by saying there is no financial limit.

Like what the fuck man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

The sox probably would have had to opt in to this deal after 3-4 years so thats at least one less year of allstar performance needed to earn that extra money. I don't really believe that he would make more than 200 for 5 years either. Also, with the swell opt, he would still have an opt out if the sox don't opt into the swell part so it really isn't as bad as you're making it seem. I agree that the guaranteed money talks, and probably makes him feel more comfortable. But if the player wants to bet on himself, i think the sox deal is better. 

This is simply not true. 

9 minutes ago, heirdog said:

This was set up as an idiot proof free agency for the white Sox and they somehow screwed it up.  

Best response I have see to this fiasco. There really is NO freaking way the Sox FO could have messed this up you would think. It was pretty much handed to them and they screwed it up. Unbelievable.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I really don’t know how you could have a worse one.

Someone please do a rundown of the mediocre crap Hahn acquired and the total cost.  EDIT:  I did it...  let me know if I missed anyone.

Nova - $9 million

Alonso - $9 million

Herrera - $9 million

Colome - $7.325 million

Jay - $4 million

Almost $40 million in payroll to be “mired in mediocrity” yet again.

Edited by Machado2Sox

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

KW saying Sox could not go north of 300 mil, is a complete slap in the face of the fan base. Enjoy 1.2 mil attendance this year.

I never want to wish badly on this franchise, but it needs a wake-up call. If that wake-up call is record-low attendance, then so be it. 

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres