Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, chw42 said:

I never want to wish badly on this franchise, but it needs a wake-up call. If that wake-up call is record-low attendance, then so be it. 

Sadly, their payroll is so low moving forward, they still will be hugely profitable even if attendance drops

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

KW saying Sox could not go north of 300 mil, is a complete slap in the face of the fan base. Enjoy 1.2 mil attendance this year.

I think 1.2 mil is being nice. They dropped just 21k from 2017-2018.  I think they way this offseason is set to turn out I see them lucky to break 1M

25 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

All depends on the numbers he puts up.    San Diego is a pitcher friendly field.  I would have rather played in a hitters park if there was a chance of opting out, but that's mostly me being biased.  

I texted a friend of mine earlier today, half-kidding of course, that Machado will lead the league in 400 foot singles this season... A) that park is huge ... and B) he ain't running out 400 foot balls in the gap. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

You can cry all you want, but the two things are totally separate. Every team in baseball does the same thing with Uber prospects. The system is broken, but the Sox are just playing by the rules everyone else does

Fuck this franchise.  I don't give a fuck if everybody else does it.  It's another slap in the face.  Doesn't make my face any less red that the Blue Jays fans get a slap too.

11 minutes ago, Machado2Sox said:

Someone please do a rundown of the mediocre crap Hahn acquired and the total cost.  EDIT:  I did it...  let me know if I missed anyone.

Nova - $9 million

Alonso - $9 million

Herrera - $9 million

Colome - $7.325 million

Jay - $4 million

Almost $40 million in payroll to be “mired in mediocrity” yet again.

lol and i just put together every hahn free agent signing since he became GM.

(it ain't good)

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

This is one of the best things Kenny has done in the past like, 10 years or so lol

Rick Hahn
2:11
Should I be looking for a new job in the near future?

Tim Dierkes
2:12
Absolutely not.  The White Sox pursuit of Machado comes from owner Jerry Reinsdorf, of course.  If Reinsdorf greenlighted $310MM, the Sox would be getting ready for this week's press conference.  Jerry drew the line wherever he drew it ($250MM?).

2:13
In the 90s, no one beat the drum more against rising player salaries and baseball's supposed need for a salary cap than Reinsdorf.  I'm surprised he even got into the arena here, even in light of the Albert Belle aberration.

this is annoying as fuck

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@soxtalk.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Basabe's "broken hamate bone" occurred during batting practice. Come on. Batting practice? And they are saying during surgery the "hamate bone will be removed". I would think he "needs" the hamate bone? Are we jinxed to stay in mediocrity forever? Our crack front office and "loyal" big spending owner screw up an idiot proof free agency opportunity and our players get broken bones in batting practice? 

26 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

I know it is not reality, but if it were my decision, I would release Alonso and Jay. We do NOT need them around all year to keep reminding us of this fiasco.

Lol, releasing them would be the worst possible thing the Sox could do.  Jay is actually still an upgrade for this team.  But I'd rather just give younger guys who actually have a chance at being a part of the next team his at bats assuming our current 25 man is our OD 25 man.  He made more sense as a marginal upgrade with Machado manning the hot corner.

Alonso is actual legit major leaguer.  I am sure the Sox could get a similar prospect to what they gave up (Alex Call) to trade him.  I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen.  May as well just let Palka DH everyday.  Though I suspect we now see Palka in RF most days.  

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Alright, be an irrational 12 year old. Go nuts.

because everybody knows fandom is rational.  GTFO with this take on all days but especially today.  if you want to contain the b****ing open a vent and rant thread it's you know, been suggested.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not going to debate that in the least, but the Cubs have had a historically bad offseason.

The Cubs played in three straight NLCS's and won a title over the last 4 years. Their one down year was with Bryant and Darvish being hurt all year, and they still tied for the division. They didn't need to have a great off season because they are there already. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Can't wait until this team has a new owner and he clears everyone in the front office out.

That may be when I am again a level 10/10 White Sox fan. This seriously took me down to passive levels. Awful.

"Expectation is the mother of all resentment."

Thanks for the expectations.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres