Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The team is based in the third largest city in the country. Not fucking Des Moines, Iowa. It's so goddamn frustrating. 

Big market SD came in and took Machado....Sox brass always finds a way to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Love 2

One thing that no fan of any other team can say is that we are lucky to have a die hard loyal fan base. Sure, theres not many sox fans out there and yes we are usually hidden within the national media, i get that. We have a group of fans that would kill to see a sox winner and want nothing more, even if we have to overpay a player or two.

As fans , we were really looking to break the idea that we will not compete in the market. Unfortunately, we cant destroy that notion unless we convert. No way around that. 

We all understandably have reasons to lash out. We all have different ways of venting our frustration . I know im normally very sarcastic in my posts, but i signed up for a reason. Yall are an intelligent group of fans and this message board would be incredibly boring if we all were on the same page 100% of the time. I had fun following this with you guys and look foward to contributing to this board going forth.

We will get over this!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Hahn is just spewing shit to try and save face. Be proud we had a competitive offer? Sheesh

A competitive offer BELOW the known price of $300m. I'd give him credit if he lost a bidding war that went above the starting point. But to lose by not even reaching the starting point, fuck off Hahn.

• Like 1

Rick Hahn 

Sox fans will be happy when Machado hits a walk off in July and won't care that he signed in March.

We want our relationship to be positive and gain the fans trust again.

We've been planning for this free agency for a few years.

Over the next few weeks we have several moves in mind. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1

It's done and over with. Nothing can be done about it now. Yeah, it sucks, but you know what, if the whole incentive deal is true, my guess is he would rather have played with San Diego than come to Chicago. Why would he have any reason to believe that he is not capable of doing anything the White Sox might have asked of him to EARN. Like, what if he gets hurt for 2 full seasons or something? Boom, 60 million dollars wasted. I know, what-ifs are what-ifs. But there is a serious consideration here...the Sox were burned by this not too long ago with Danks (I know, it's different because he's a pitcher, more risk). He was considered to be a future all-star and ace of the staff for years. What a waste of a contract that was.

Just because they didn't land this giant fish does not mean they won't land one next year or the year after. 

This front office went into rebuild mode for a reason: to build sustainable long-term future success. They are not intentionally trying to screw over this team or this fan-base. We will be fine without Machado. Hopefully this negotiating process can serve as a lesson learned for them when they are in the thick of it with the next free agent, whether that be Harper (who I honestly don't really want), Trout (lol), or whoever it may be. Hahn said himself, they will be at the negotiating table, and whether or not they convert on these targets remains to be seen. Did anyone last offseason really think the Sox would come THIS close to getting one of these prime free agents? Machado was not promised. It sure was a great narrative created by the media and aided by the Sox in acquiring Jay and Alonso, with an un-happy ending, but none of this was promised.

We will get ours. Might not be until 2019 offseason or 2020, but we will get ours. Just a matter of some more patience.

Edited by Scoots

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Rick Hahn 

Sox fans will be happy he Machado hits a walk off in July and won't care that he signed in March.

We want to be our relationship and gain the fans trust again.

broken-down-car.jpg

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Close this thread. Lets pretend this Machado pursuit never happened and go back to the days where we thought we had a shot at Harper. If they don't get Harper that will be the Thanos snap that whipes me out for a while.

Agreed, now it is time to close the thread.

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Rick Hahn 

Sox fans will be happy he Machado hits a walk off in July and won't care that he signed in March.

We want to be our relationship and gain the fans trust again.

Hahn has managed to do the opposite of everything listed!

7 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

On the bright side, our summers will be so much more open to devote to non-sports things. Think of how many hobbies you could have, books you could read, etc. 

I have a huge backlog of video games I'll be working through!

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres