Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

You’d think they would tell him one less shitty player, per year, over the course of the contract evens out the deal compared to where they were. 

"If we do this, i will not sign a Mat Latos or Miguel Gonzalez ever again"

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I have a small sliver of hope that the Sox will go all-in on Harper to save face from this disaster but that probably won't happen with the buffoons running things for the Sox. 

I have a small hope also. Sox FO and owner screwed up a can't miss, idiot proof signing that pretty much fell into their lap. They are the laughing stock of baseball and by association have made Sox fans face laughing at also. Sox could fix this by turning around and just paying whatever it takes to sign Harper. Do I think they will? No. I think Reinsdorf only thinks money and profit. Winning? LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

Failing to sign a game-changing free agent when everything has lined up in your favor is absolutely an organizational failure. This isn't just on Jerry.

Which is why I said the blame is on the front office since we don't know who made what decisions. 

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I can’t wait to read the sarcasm we all throw at every FA signing moving forward. 

Oh man, yeah. 

Sigh, because I'm a sadist. I do think it's worth getting marwin and seeing if he turns it around.

I am legit angry we traded for alonso and didn't give avi at bats again.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fuck that TA is one of the few reasons to watch this club and he's 100% right.  

People are dumb man.  They don't get how pro athletes are wired.  If TA was worried about Manny he isn't TA.  He isn't some broke ass AA kid that didn't even pick up a bat until 14 or so and then made it through CC to a 1st round pick and now to a 25 million dollar guaranteed deal.  He's TA man!  He ain't scurred.  None of these pro guys are.  Sure there are moments, but they are made of sterner stuff than you and I for the most part.

You're right, but at this point TA doesn't move any needles. Manny wasn't taking his spot anyway. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

I have a small hope also. Sox FO and owner screwed up a can't miss, idiot proof signing that pretty much fell into their lap. They are the laughing stock of baseball and by association have made Sox fans face laughing at also. Sox could fix this by turning around and just paying whatever it takes to sign Harper. Do I think they will? No. I think Reinsdorf only thinks money and profit. Winning? LOL.

It's not even winning tbh. That obviously doesn't matter. It's getting shit on by media and fans. It's proving that this team deserves to be an irrelevant laughingstock. I'm hoping that's what pisses Jerry and the front office off enough to push them to sign Harper. He won't be getting some absurd 10/400+ number like some speculated. I really think if we push above 10/325 or something we get him and that should be plenty palatable to the White Sox, especially knowing what the market has been set at and what they obviously misunderstood about it.

What boggles my mind is why not go to 300? Who cares what happens in 10 years. By then 1 jerry will probably be either gone or have passed away, 2. In 10 years how salaries are gonna be it would have evened out, 3. Field a competitive team you people will show and you make that money back. I don't get it. Jerry just needs to sell. He wants to make a dollar spending a nickel. And like others have said he whined about the extra but then spends and overpays mediocre players..

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

What boggles my mind is why not go to 300? Who cares what happens in 10 years. By then 1 jerry will probably be either gone or have passed away, 2. In 10 years how salaries are gonna be it would have evened out, 3. Field a competitive team you people will show and you make that money back. I don't get it. Jerry just needs to sell. He wants to make a dollar spending a nickel. And like others have said he whined about the extra but then spends and overpays mediocre players..

Gotta keep payroll low for when you sell

I know I'm gonna get trashed but its not all Hahn fault... We all got bosses, the boss hand tied him plain and simple. Now the sox not having the stories straight bothers me. Kenny needs to go. He's an arrogant bastard that got lucky one year. He always seems he wants to one up people.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This coming from a guy who has been banned multiple times is kinda funny.

Sure, when I was 17 or so. I mellowed out (for the most part) and now I definitely see that the mods permit themselves a level of snark not tolerated from the proles.

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

It's not even winning tbh. That obviously doesn't matter. It's getting shit on by media and fans. It's proving that this team deserves to be an irrelevant laughingstock. I'm hoping that's what pisses Jerry and the front office off enough to push them to sign Harper. He won't be getting some absurd 10/400+ number like some speculated. I really think if we push above 10/325 or something we get him and that should be plenty palatable to the White Sox, especially knowing what the market has been set at and what they obviously misunderstood about it.

I hope so. Signing Harper could make us quickly forget this embarrassment. That said, I have had enough. No use belaboring this Machado fiasco anymore, so I am logging off. They sign Harper, then Owl B Bak. Otherwise, on to other things.

We were never getting this guy, said it from the beginning. Why? Because this organization is cheap as hell and will never win a bidding war because of that cheapness.

Stop being naive, there was no outcome that ever ended with the White Sox signing either of these guys. They don't have what it takes to get it done. I think that was proven by how long it drug out. The Sox couldn't meet the demands so it drug on until someone finally did.

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres