Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

34 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Huh??? Who wants those type of fans? They are the ones who arrive in the 2nd inning, need a scorecard to know who is on the home team and leave to beat the traffic in the 8th. 

Like it or not, that's the majority the the fans.  They buy the most tickets, jerseys, etc.  It sucks for us die-hards, but there's not enough die-hards to carry the team and we need "casual" fans.  

27 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

It is absolutely fair to fault Hahn and KW for raising the expectations of the fan base if they knew JR wouldn't go above $300 million.  A competent front office would know that there was a good chance that Machado would get that type of offer from at least one team, and would make appropriate comments to the media downplaying their own chances.

I agree with your assertion and for that I do fault Hahn and K. W. They should have never made any public pronouncements. Perhaps the questionable acquisitions of Jay and Alonso made that pretty much impossible to conceal.

20 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

White Sox fans on twitter are fucking pissed right now, it's not just 50 people on soxtalk.

As well we should be.  We were led down this path believing there was a chance  (yes a chance) when in reality we should have known who Reinsdorf really is! How will you feel the next time a big name FA is available? 

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I agree with your assertion and for that I do fault Hahn and K. W. They should have never made any public pronouncements. Perhaps the questionable acquisitions of Jay and Alonso made that pretty much impossible to conceal.

They shouldn't have aquired them in the first place. Take all the money you gave out this offseason and add it to Manny's contract and we're not having this conversation. Rick Hahn sucks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

Free agency is a simple game after all. Offer the biggest pile of guaranteed money to the player and 99% chance you end up signing said player. Nothing else really matters. 

1 hour ago, xSouthsider2 said:

Basabe's "broken hamate bone" occurred during batting practice. Come on. Batting practice? And they are saying during surgery the "hamate bone will be removed". I would think he "needs" the hamate bone? Are we jinxed to stay in mediocrity forever? Our crack front office and "loyal" big spending owner screw up an idiot proof free agency opportunity and our players get broken bones in batting practice? 

It the hook of the hamate that is actually removed. Many players have this injury.  It does happen when you swing the bat. Its usually on the follow through when the knob gets jammed up into the hand on an awkward swing.  The hook of the hamate projects out from the palm near the wrist. The knob of the bat hits it and breaks it off. 

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I think where the drama came up short was that the Sox never intended to go to 300. They were semi-serious at best. Manny just waited for someone else to meet his number. 

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I bet this exact situation will happen with Arenado or Rendon next offseason. Hahn will convince everyone that they have a shot only to fall apart at the last second yet again.

I will never believe they are serious about any free agent until Jerry Reinsdorf is far away from my life. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Something like $1.5 billion.

How much could he make if the team is winning? So lets say that he keeps payroll down to sell. When is he selling? Jerry has made a lot of money off this team

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The Jay and Alonso acquisitions should tell everyone all they need to know about the clowns running this show. A professional organization doesn't acquire family members/friends in hopes they can get a sweetheart deal from a free agent.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

(312) 674-1000

For anybody who wants to express their displeasure (especially season ticket holders) for being bamboozled by the organization, this is their phone number. I suggest we call and express ourselves

I don't want to waste my precious time! And they don't care anyway.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Think what you want. Just try to follow your own rules.

Dude, you literally should have been suspended last week for a personal attack on another poster, which instead of suspending you for it, you were warned about it.  You have also been banned at least twice from here.  If we were actually "following our own rules", you quite literally wouldn't be posting here.  If you really want rules followed to the letter, it can be done.

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

How much could he make if the team is winning? So lets say that he keeps payroll down to sell. When is he selling? Jerry has made a lot of money off this team

How good or bad the team currently is really has no bearing on how much it sells for to be honest with you.

• Haha 1

Just now, T R U said:

How good or bad the team currently is really has no bearing on how much it sells for to be honest with you.

True. I really don't think jerry is gonna ever sell. He will pass the team down to his son. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude, you literally should have been suspended last week for a personal attack on another poster, which instead of suspending you for it, you were warned about it.  You have also been banned at least twice from here.  If we were actually "following our own rules", you quite literally wouldn't be posting here.  If you really want rules followed to the letter, it can be done.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres