Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Remember when Yoan was gonna be a perennial all star at 2nd base?  What a freaking waste.

If Eloy doesn’t come up blazing we’re in a lot of trouble. There’s no under-selling his importance to this rebuild, we can’t have him taking the Moncada path of waiting years to be worth a damn 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It the hook of the hamate that is actually removed. Many players have this injury.  It does happen when you swing the bat. Its usually on the follow through when the knob gets jammed up into the hand on an awkward swing.  The hook of the hamate projects out from the palm near the wrist. The knob of the bat hits it and breaks it off. 

The curse of Carlos Quentin’s 2008 ending returns...

And if I know the sox would be good at development, drafting and scouting I wouldn't be so annoyed. I would think it sucks but say you know what spend the money a lil wiser. But they don't spend they don't develop so basically this rebuild isn't the most sure trust worthy thing. they will continue to tread water with mediocre overpayed players. 

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

Those options would likely never vest because no way he'd be worth that much when he's 35/36 and he knows it.

Otherwise god damnit that offer is SO CLOSE. If they guaranteed those two years he'd be a White Sox now. Make the same offer to Harper but at 10 guaranteed with 31.25/yr and 35 in the last two and you're at 320 million.

• Like 1

I moved to Florida recently and was gonna order MLB.tv, not anymore. Was also gonna buy a couple Machado jerseys and more Sox apparel in general cause I was pumped, not anymore. The FO/ownership should have realized they would lose more money on fans pissed off, then bringing in Machado. Instead of gaining fans, you lose them because of your cheapness. You lost my faith White Sox, another disappointment and embrassment.

• Love 2

25 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

What boggles my mind is why not go to 300? Who cares what happens in 10 years. By then 1 jerry will probably be either gone or have passed away, 2. In 10 years how salaries are gonna be it would have evened out, 3. Field a competitive team you people will show and you make that money back. I don't get it. Jerry just needs to sell. He wants to make a dollar spending a nickel. And like others have said he whined about the extra but then spends and overpays mediocre players..

We’ve even lost 45 cents over the last decade...”we can’t spend a dollar if we only have 50 cents”.

Thanks JR, KW and Hahn for somehow managing run this franchise into the ground when your competition is all small market teams, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

If this is to be accepted then I’m pretty surprised. Very reasonable options.

No they aren't because there's a chance he wouldn't have had 550 appearances, be it because he's hurt, he's awful, or the FO wouldn't let whoever the Sox coach is let him have it in the interests of cutting his contract.

21 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I know I'm gonna get trashed but its not all Hahn fault... We all got bosses, the boss hand tied him plain and simple. Now the sox not having the stories straight bothers me. Kenny needs to go. He's an arrogant bastard that got lucky one year. He always seems he wants to one up people.... 

I've said this multiple times. Hahn had to get creative because JR wouldn't approve a guaranteed 300 million dollar contract. I'm not sure what else he could do.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

If this is to be accepted then I’m pretty surprised. Very reasonable options.

Clearly not. If those were the terms then why not just give him 300 million over 10 years instead of a potential 320?  I don't believe anything these guys say anymore. The incentives are probably more difficult than that. 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude, you literally should have been suspended last week for a personal attack on another poster, which instead of suspending you for it, you were warned about it.  You have also been banned at least twice from here.  If we were actually "following our own rules", you quite literally wouldn't be posting here.  If you really want rules followed to the letter, it can be done.

I insulted a guy and the whole exchange, even less nasty parts, got deleted. That’s fine. I accept that, and I restated my position in a way that still stands so I suppose nobody had a problem with it.

But a few pages ago a mod called a dude an irrational twelve year old. It’s still there. Am I to assume that’s OK?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres