Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I really don’t believe JR/KW/RH will be upset for too much longer. I’ve been browsing through facebook, twitter, other websites and - by and large - most Sox fans feel we’ve dodged a bullet. It’s amazing, I really feel to be personally affected by today’s events to the extent we are, you have to be a die-hard fan. The kind to sign up on a message board to talk baseball lol. Too bad there aren’t 10,000+ others willing to step away from the Sox to show their disgust

Edited by Flash Tizzle

34 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

I know it's a Longshot after today, but what are the chances the plan all along was to sign both and if one didn't bite on the smaller offer they'd go all I on the other? Even if they did sign both at smaller than market deals it would have been 500mm. Rabbit seems to think they thought signing both was possible. If they were willing to spend 500mm on two why not 350 mm on 1?

They wouldn’t have come out with their shitty damage control media tour then. They made crystal clear they aren’t willing to pay what it takes. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

They wouldn’t have come out with their shitty damage control media tour then. They made crystal clear they aren’t willing to pay what it takes. 

Not enough guaranteed money and no opt outs makes an offer similar to Machado laughable. May as well not even call Boras

I’m very glad all this contract information came to light too. We all get a great idea of the geniuses at work Although does anyone know what Philadelphia offered? 

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Mods - Can we please burn this thread to the ground and then have someone Eternal Sunshine me so I have no recollection of this complete fuckup ever happening?

I'm not using alcohol I'm listening to the best rock music from the last 50 years that i have on itunes. My favorites tunes for extended hours always works for me along with singing and dancing to them . Thank God no one is listening or watching.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I really have no idea how to move on from this crap. Zero fucking clue.

You’ve got to sing like you don’t need the money
Love like you’ll never get hurt
You’ve got to dance like nobody’s watchin’
It’s gotta come from the heart if you want it to work.

12 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Not enough guaranteed money and no opt outs makes an offer similar to Machado laughable. May as well not even call Boras

I’m very glad all this contract information came to light too. We all get a great idea of the geniuses at work Although does anyone know what Philadelphia offered? 

I’m pretty sure Boras hasn’t even talked numbers with anybody yet. He was waiting to see Manny’s deal to use as a starting point. 

I am sorry to see this end. As a disclosure, I did want to sign Machado.  All this complaining actually makes me laugh because I can’t go along with people who have an infatuation with players like Anderson and Palka. To me, that is worse than not signing Machado. So to complain about not signing him yet wanting to continue playing those 2 without improving them too tells me all I need.

He was not going to save us so I’m not going to jump off a cliff. Our window should still start in 2 years with all the prospects close to graduating and players coming back from injury. There is a lot of things that can happen in the next 2 years with our payroll flexibility so I am still excited for what’s in store. If after 2020, we don’t have a team competing for the playoffs, year after year, I will swear them off. Until then, go Sox 

Haven't really had a chance to vent my frustrations. I came into this offseason very skeptical about landing either of the two prize free agents. Years of bullshit from the front office- be it falling just short on past potential free agent acquisitions, cashing in hard earned (via tears of Sox fans), high draft picks on pure garbage at a nearly 100% clip, and to this point, a rebuild that doesn't look promising at all.  Why, anyway, were the keys to a rebuild given to the stupid fucking clowns that drove the car into a tree in the first place? That is something that had worried me from day one.

The Machado outcome hurts because we were told it would be different, and it ended up being exactly the same. Now they're wearing egg on their face in the form of Jon fucking Jay and Yonder Alonso! They deserve it, and even though it hurts me as a fan, I'm glad to see this group of schmucks (the front office) fail, because they deserve nothing more. 

I'm not done with this team yet- I'm 32, and I have no idea how to be anything other than a White Sox fan. The thing that troubles me is my indifference. I don't give a shit about pitchers and catchers reporting (lol what pitchers? what catchers?), or spring training. I don't know or care when Opening Day is, and I certainly don't plan on attending it, or any other game this year- even though I could probably do so for $5. I've got a nephew and a Godson that will grow up Cub fans, and I can thank the fucking imbeciles that constitute our ownership and front office. How could I possibly forgive baseball's version of GarPax for that? I won't find another team- I'll just gradually continue drifting away from baseball in general. 

Apologies for the profanity. Thought that maybe letting it sink in would dampen the hurt. It has not. 

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It’s kind of impressive that I’ve lost interest in the season and it’s not even March yet. Usually it takes all the way to June for that to happen. Progress!

It's basically the debuts of Jimenez/Cease, monitoring Robert and Madrigal at the minor league level...waiting for the #3 draft pick, and hoping that Yoan Moncada can figure things out.

I guess the final component would be watching Rodon/Lopez/Giolito...but my enthusiasm level UNTIL they bring up Jimenez is pretty much about ZERO, and that's with Lindor's injury.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's basically the debuts of Jimenez/Cease, monitoring Robert and Madrigal at the minor league level...waiting for the #3 draft pick, and hoping that Yoan Moncada can figure things out.

I guess the final component would be watching Rodon/Lopez/Giolito...but my enthusiasm level UNTIL they bring up Jimenez is pretty much about ZERO, and that's with Lindor's injury.

I got my MiLB.tv subscription again for $25 and I'll be buying my Indy Indians tickets to watch Eloy and hopefully Cease in the 2nd week of April, so at least I have that to look forward to.