Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I know most will disagree, but I honestly think the Padres could have made the Sox offer, and the Sox could have made the Padres offer...and he still would have been a Padre. 

The position the Sox are in, they needed to get in early and hit the “Buy it Now” option to get this done. 

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I know most will disagree, but I honestly think the Padres could have made the Sox offer, and the Sox could have made the Padres offer...and he still would have been a Padre. 

The position the Sox are in, they needed to get in early and hit the “Buy it Now” option to get this done. 

I don't know about that. Padres are in a similar spot as the Sox.

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

LOL you're 100% right about the disagreeing that's laughable. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't know about that. Padres are in a similar spot as the Sox.

But a more desirable location, better road destinations. He goes to the White Sox and their rebuild fails- he would absolutely be miserable playing in that park. 

If the Padres fail, he’s in a great place for five years and then he can leave. 

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah they can just release those guys. What a joke this is.

Machado is really an ass for saying that. I have no problem with his friends discussing with him their experiences, and if they loved it in SD, being honest. But, he has to know the situation. That is just going to make them look horrible to White Sox fans.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Machado is really an ass for saying that. I have no problem with his friends discussing with him their experiences, and if they loved it in SD, being honest. But, he has to know the situation. That is just going to make them look horrible to White Sox fans.

To anyone watching, was there a question asked that even brought them up?

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Maybe they're trying to get out too?  They already know fans are going to be on them as is.