Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I know it will play terribly, but I'm guessing it was just them supporting his decision.

I gotta tell you, if my friend was about to make a lucrative move to like CEO and was possibly for my company, I'm not going to trash whatever he's looking at. Their decision is more important than my preferance.

But I get it looks bad.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Machado is really an ass for saying that. I have no problem with his friends discussing with him their experiences, and if they loved it in SD, being honest. But, he has to know the situation. That is just going to make them look horrible to White Sox fans.

Manny is an ass, no question about it

How is Manny an ass though? If I had to pick between Chicago and San Diego for my immediate work environment, I choose San Diego 10 out of 10 times. Its 72 and sunny EVERY day. And.... he is making 50 million MORE having chosen San Diego.

Let's not deflect our animosity onto Manny. The. Sox. fucking. blew. it.

• Like 2

Good for Manny. He got his money. This is great for Padres fans. They have an exciting team and their ownership group stepped up. I love that Ron Fowler dragged the White Sox today. Keep it coming. JR has turned both of his teams into laughingstocks in their respective sports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

How is Manny an ass though? If I had to pick between Chicago and San Diego for my immediate work environment, I choose San Diego 10 out of 10 times. Its 72 and sunny EVERY day. And.... he is making 50 million MORE having chosen San Diego.

Let's not deflect our animosity onto Manny. The. Sox. fucking. blew. it.

Cause he just threw his friends under the bus 

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

The. Sox. fucking. blew. it.

When they asked him where the Sox stood in this whole process Manny got real serious, almost annoyed. You can tell he was kind of annoyed they didn't cough up the cash for him. Only the Sox...

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Cause he just threw his friends under the bus 

How did he throw his friends under the bus? By saying that they gave him honest advice?

"Surround yourself with people who will be open and honest with you, and not people who only tell you what you want to hear."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

When they asked him where the Sox stood in this whole process Manny got real serious, almost annoyed. You can tell he was kind of annoyed they didn't cough up the cash for him. Only the Sox...

thats how I saw it. And for the record he did not throw Yonder and Jay under the bus.  he simply stated that they liked the decision.  lets not blame Manny.  This is on the sox and this stain will not wash away.

forget your Harper, Arrenado, Trout, Gerrit Cole dreams.  the sox blew there opportunity to fix the orginization process.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Annoyed when asked about the Sox. Friends advised him to sign in SD. 

what an indictment of the franchise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Machado is really an ass for saying that. I have no problem with his friends discussing with him their experiences, and if they loved it in SD, being honest. But, he has to know the situation. That is just going to make them look horrible to White Sox fans.

Why should he care what White Sox fans think about him?  He just made every Padre fan love him even more. The White Sox organization fucked this up and they should be blamed for this crap

1 minute ago, EL1 said:

Why should he care what White Sox fans think about him?  He just made every Padre fan love him even more. The White Sox organization fucked this up and they should be blamed for this crap

It's not what White Sox fans think about him, it's what they think about his friends who are still on the team. He makes it look like they steered him to SD.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know. I wonder if at least part of JR is happy he didn't spend the money. Remember,this was a guy who was anxious to break up the Bulls dynasty to do it again,  because he and Krause didn't get enough credit for it, 

Based on reports, JR was extremely involved in the Machado negotiations. I'm starting to think that JR wanted to finish second all along. He maybe would have done the $175 million for 7 years deal that was leaked by Levine/Olney but he had no intention of ever going above that.  The $250 million dollar deal with incentives was leaked to Nightengale, who is a notorious KW mouthpiece, and could be a complete fabrication. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It's not what White Sox fans think about him, it's what they think about his friends who are still on the team. He makes it look like they steered him to SD.

Well, knowing what we do now about the whole process, his friends got that call right. Why the hell would he want to play here over SD, especially for 50m less?

4 minutes ago, EL1 said:

He should care about how people treat his friend and brother in law

• Love 1

Well, knowing what we do now about the whole process, his friends got that call right. Why the hell would he want to play here over SD, especially for 50m less?

That's fine. He still shouldn't say that to the media. 

I think we are looking way too deeply at his comments about his friends and what they've said to him.

Agreed.  If they said "don't come here" that's completely different.   They said San Diego is a beautiful city.  What's he supposed to say?  My friends said this city sucks and I shouldn't want to be here?

52 minutes ago, flavum said:

I know most will disagree, but I honestly think the Padres could have made the Sox offer, and the Sox could have made the Padres offer...and he still would have been a Padre. 

The position the Sox are in, they needed to get in early and hit the “Buy it Now” option to get this done. 

I have absolutely no inside info but you’re absolutely 100 percent wrong here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Agreed.  If they said "don't come here" that's completely different.   They said San Diego is a beautiful city.  What's he supposed to say?  My friends said this city sucks and I shouldn't want to be here?

No. He can say he heard great things about SD, and he enjoyed it when he visited as a player, if he has ever visited. He doesn't have to make it sound like Jay and Alonso pumping up SD is the reason he went there. The White Sox fan base is ticked off as it is and may not be prepared to give Alonso and Jay a fair shot.  Thinking either correctly or incorrectly they had a lot to do with him blowing off   the White Sox isn't going to help.

Edited by Dick Allen