Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Rick is playing poker... Hey let's talk to Moustakas so we can get Manny to sign.. Things have "heated" up since that tweet came out

That's about the equivalent of Ricketts threatening to take the Cubs to Rosemont. 

The Sox aren't going to win in 2019.  Unfortunately, they have all the time in the world for this to play out. Others not so much.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think it's time to come forward with something.
Back in 2011 I argued feverishly on various message boards that Machado was overrated as a prospect and Grant Green was going to be the better future ballplayer.

Obviously Manny saw this and is reluctant to sign with the Sox because of this.

Mea culpa.

What the fuck man this is terrible you should be ashamed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grant Green still might come around.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think it's time to come forward with something.
Back in 2011 I argued feverishly on various message boards that Machado was overrated as a prospect and Grant Green was going to be the better future ballplayer.

Obviously Manny saw this and is reluctant to sign with the Sox because of this.

Mea culpa.

5 years hard labor.  4 with good behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

5 years hard labor.  4 with good behavior.

 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveno89 said:
 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

Why do people tweet this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveno89 said:
 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

I saw his follow ups and he seems to be joking. Said to someone that he's trying to prove a point and I would imagine he's trying to see who shares this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveno89 said:
 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

Not this guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveno89 said:
 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

He followed it up with this, sooooo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:
 
Sean Anderson @Schwarbo

BREAKING: #Sources say Manny Machado is near signing with the Chicago #WhiteSox. Hearing the White Sox offered over $300M and Machado believes in the future of the club. The White Sox got their guy.

3:17 PM - 9 Jan 2019
 

IDK what to believe anymore

I honestly feel sorry for people who will blindly believe what some nobody posts on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

And this.

 

Meaning he is trying to see who is gullible enough to retweet him, share his tweet on message boards, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please let this thing end in the next day or so. One way or the other, just let it end so we can focus on other aspects of the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maggsmaggs said:

I honestly feel sorry for people who will blindly believe what some nobody posts on twitter.

We don’t need your pity. There’s dozens of us. DOZENS!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maggsmaggs said:

I honestly feel sorry for people who will blindly believe what some nobody posts on twitter.

I mean yeah 98% of the time its bullshit, but then the other 2% you have randos breaking trades and signings before the national guys get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Please let this thing end in the next day or so. One way or the other, just let it end so we can focus on other aspects of our life.

Fixed it for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Free agency/trade rumors have gotten so much worse with social media.

Everything has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I mean yeah 98% of the time its bullshit, but then the other 2% you have randos breaking trades and signings before the national guys get it. 

Every once and awhile some rando will actually have the scoop like katyperrysbootyhole and wetbutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Still looking to break records.

 

Oh jeez, good luck Manny. I'd say ZERO chance he gets north of $325 million at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Free agency/trade rumors have gotten so much worse with social media.

Was it better when we had to get the trade news across the ESPN ticker? I don’t know about that. That sucked waiting on that stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×