yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

We're going to build a great, big beautiful contending team, and Jerry is gonna pay for it!

2 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

thats a good list.. but i wouldnt want to play with my brother in law.... just saying

We'll remember that when the Sox try to sign you. ūüėČ

After all this, it's fairly simple (in my eyes) 

Throw out all the Yankee love garbage. He wants a certain dollar amount from someone. I don't think he cares if it's from Baltimore, Tampa or whoever wants to pay him. He wants the best deal. Who could blame him? 

I've heard multiple times the Sox are "all-in" on Manny, but not for a crazy price. So if another team says "We'll outbid anyone" than the Sox aren't getting him. But if everyone has their limits, and the Sox is a little higher....he'll be on the South Side. None of us know what that dollar amount is for the Sox, and no one is going to really find out until Manny signs a contract with...someone. 

No matter where Machado and Harper sign, one thing is for sure, their representation will let everyone know they left money on the table. Whether that money was truly achievable is another issue.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

No matter where Machado and Harper sign, one thing is for sure, their representation will let everyone know they left money on the table. Whether that money was truly achievable is another issue.

And that the team he signed with was the front runner the entire time, it was always the team he wanted to play for, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

We're going to build a great, big beautiful contending team, and Jerry is gonna pay for it!

Is it gonna be "YUGE"!?

Really seems like Machado’s agent is waiting for a team to blink.  Honestly, if we’re already at 7/$245M or so (purely my speculation), I say just go 10/$300M and be done with it.  Make those last three years worth $20M, $20M, & $15M respectively.  Who really cares about the $55M eight years from now and it potentially reduces our luxury tax burden during our comeptive window.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well I stepped away for 2 hours. What did I miss? Heyman tweeted something? I guess it wasn't good if we're making lists of all the positives. 

13 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

So let's summarize the positives so far:

1. Chili's source said that Machado loved the Chicago visit and wanted to sign with the Sox (the same source that had the Herrera scoop).

2. Sox sign two of Machado's closest friends in Alonso and Jay. One of them happens to be the brother of his wife.

3. A Dodgers insider said he talked to one of Manny's former teammates, and that teammate said he thinks Manny will sign with the Sox.

4. Bucket came here and told us to relax because the Sox were VERY LIKELY going to get this done.

5. WSD has confirmed via his sources that the Sox are indeed in a very good spot to sign Manny.

6. We all know that we have the space to spend big, and Y2Jimmy0 recently reminded us that the Sox are not being cheap.

7. raBBit seems very optimistic lately, which is different than how he felt prior to this past week.

Can we add that Alex Colome, Wellington Castillo, and Ivan Nova all played on the Dominican team with Machado 2 years ago?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Used to write for Barstool about the Yankees:

Curious what most aggressive means if they're not the most money. Contract is in all caps?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Starting to think the Braves are the mystery team. They have the money to sign Machado.

What position, they gonna move Swanson?

1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

Starting to think the Braves are the mystery team. They have the money to sign Machado.

Why would the Braves want Machado after signing Donladson and also having Camargo, Swanson and even Riley in the upper minors?

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

Well I stepped away for 2 hours. What did I miss? Heyman tweeted something? I guess it wasn't good if we're making lists of all the positives. 

MM wants 300 plus mil. Sox and Phillies arent near it, Yankees haven't submitted offer and are still the preference.

Just now, lockwood243 said:

Curious what most aggressive means if they're not the most money. Contract is in all caps?

It means trading for his brother in law and signing one of his good friends. 

4 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Where's he gonna play?  They already paid Donaldson $20M for this season, and have Swanson at SS, Albies at 2B and Carmargo hanging around.

I agree Braves would have made a ton of sense without Donaldson, but I don't see it now.   

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Really seems like Machado’s agent is waiting for a team to blink.  Honestly, if we’re already at 7/$245M or so (purely my speculation), I say just go 10/$300M and be done with it.  Make those last three years worth $20M, $20M, & $15M respectively.  Who really cares about the $55M eight years from now and it potentially reduces our luxury tax burden during our comeptive window.

Let's blink. I want him and if it takes $300 mil then let's get it done and soon! Sure it's not my money, but the Sox said they were going to be aggressive so let's get it done before we lose him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where's he gonna play?  They already paid Donaldson $20M for this season, and have Swanson at SS, Albies at 2B and Carmargo hanging around.

I agree Braves would have made a ton of sense without Donaldson, but I don't see it now.   

Swanson isn't blocking anyone... There have already been rumors they'd like to trade him

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Let's blink. I want him and if it takes $300 mil then let's get it done and soon! Sure it's not my money, but the Sox said they were going to be aggressive so let's get it done before we lose him.

and it is Wednesday!

I think it's time to come forward with something.
Back in 2011 I argued feverishly on various message boards that Machado was overrated as a prospect and Grant Green was going to be the better future ballplayer.

Obviously Manny saw this and is reluctant to sign with the Sox because of this.

Mea culpa.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Rick is playing poker... Hey let's talk to Moustakas so we can get Manny to sign.. Things have "heated" up since that tweet came out

That's about the equivalent of Ricketts threatening to take the Cubs to Rosemont. 

The Sox aren't going to win in 2019.  Unfortunately, they have all the time in the world for this to play out. Others not so much.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think it's time to come forward with something.
Back in 2011 I argued feverishly on various message boards that Machado was overrated as a prospect and Grant Green was going to be the better future ballplayer.

Obviously Manny saw this and is reluctant to sign with the Sox because of this.

Mea culpa.

What the fuck man this is terrible you should be ashamed