Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

Yeah I don't buy signing is imminent.  Either tweet the eyeballs or don't. Cmon BRUV

I would remain calm until national reporters comment 

That being said the suppossed timeline for a Machado decision is rapidly approaching. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiSox said:

You think the market for players like Manny Machado and Bryce Harper will ever go away? They could wait to sign into the regular season if they wanted to.

There's no chance Machado waits until April. There's an extremely small probability he waits until February. He has his three suitors, it's a game of balance now of who offers what he wants and where he wants and that shouldn't take too long. 

Harper could wait longer, especially since his market is f*cked. 

You think the market for players like Manny Machado and Bryce Harper will ever go away? They could wait to sign into the regular season if they wanted to.

Yes.  The bigger teams aren't going to hold that budget space open forever.  The Phillies think they can keep adding pieces they will eventually look to fill with other available pieces, as will the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs etc who are looking at these players.  That is a metric fuckton of money that needs to be kept open for someone who might not come.  A team like the Dodgers could add a Pollack and Keuchel for the cost of Harper.  Will they wait around and risk losing their B and C options?  I don't think so.  The Yankees will do similar as they could stand to add starters and relievers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes.  The bigger teams aren't going to hold that budget space open forever.  The Phillies think they can keep adding pieces they will eventually look to fill with other available pieces, as will the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs etc who are looking at these players.  That is a metric fuckton of money that needs to be kept open for someone who might not come.  A team like the Dodgers could add a Pollack and Keuchel for the cost of Harper.  Will they wait around and risk losing their B and C options?  I don't think so.  The Yankees will do similar as they could stand to add starters and relievers.

Yet as long as they think they have a punching chance with Machado they will stay in the race for the best player that can make the biggest difference on their team. These are two 26 year old bonafide superstars entering the prime of their prime.

I hope you're right and at least one of them signs though.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

The article is misleading due to it being speculation from a player known to be close to Machado, not Machado himself. 

This is all speculation, next week it will be "Machado to the Phillies likely per source close to Machado" this has been going on for weeks. 

Yet as long as they think they have a punching chance with Machado they will stay in the race for the best player that can make the biggest difference on their team. These are two 26 year old bonafide superstars entering the prime of their prime.

I hope you're right and at least one of them signs though.

There is no way teams go into April holding $30 million-ish in space open for a maybe if they feel they can compete next year, especially if they start to feel like their back up plans could be lost.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is no way teams go into April holding $30 million-ish in space open for a maybe if they feel they can compete next year, especially if they start to feel like their back up plans could be lost.

I have a feeling the same types cycle we witnessed today is jussssst enough to keep teams thinking they've got a shot. Someone said this time next week the Phillies will be the favorite, then the Yankees, then the Sox again...on and on until Machado's people think they have gotten the absolute best offer they can possibly get. Nobody drops out if they still think "Ok, only $15m more we got him!" 

Could result in a situation where it clogs the whole market until then.

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Guys, the FoxSports stuff is the same stuff we all already talked about. It's the LA radio host's info that is just now getting spread around the internet. Nothing new. And White Sox Dave already knew that info since this morning when I talked to him, so I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

WSD said he only gives you one word responses and wouldn't give you any inside info if he had it. I'd be careful running around saying you're getting info from him. He tends to not like that.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres