Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 minutes ago, heirdog said:

This seems to support mbs1969 that saying “frustrated” or “frustrating” is the new company line...all the way up from Hahn to NotHahn

I'm not reading this as Hahn being frustrated with message board shit.  Hes probably pissed about sports writers putting shit out like "Sox wont go over 7 years", and "Sox arent willing to come anywhere near 300m for either guy"

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Phillies.

I just don’t see how the Phillies are more attractive than us.  They are slightly ahead of us in their rebuild, but they have much fewer reinforcements and are in a much tough division.  Plus Chicago during the summer is actually awesome while Philadelphia pretty much sucks year round.  All else being equal, I think he picks us, especially now that we have two of his buddies.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm not reading this as Hahn being frustrated with message board shit.  Hes probably pissed about sports writers putting shit out like "Sox wont go over 7 years", and "Sox arent willing to come anywhere near 300m for either guy"

Sox we’re tied to Mike Moustakas this week lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just don’t see how the Phillies are more attractive than us.  They are slightly ahead of us in their rebuild, but they have much fewer reinforcements and are in a much tough division.  Plus Chicago during the summer is actually awesome while Philadelphia pretty much sucks year round.  All else being equal, I think he picks us, especially now that we have two of his buddies.

Might offer more money. 

20 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox we’re tied to Mike Moustakas this week lol 

Rabbit, the tweet you had about if the Yankees are truly out. You mentioned you would be surprised if it doesn't happen by Wednesday. If it draws on past that point, does it signal the Sox are maybe being used to raise an offer elsewhere? Or that the Sox have a good enough offer and he wants to wait as long as possible for a higher offer?

9 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

While we sit here and b**** and moan and pine for a reason to love this team even more, let's look on the bright side...

We're not the Bulls.

They pretty much are though if you think about it. The Sox are the Bulls if there were another, more popular NBA team in town, that actually won games. The Sox FO is not quite as bad as the Bulls, but it is close. Just like GarPax should have been fired when they failed, Hahn and KW should have been fired in 2016. Both have been around for the better part of this century. (KW has been at least the GM since 2000, Paxon since 2003.) KW/Hahn=GarPax and you can't convince me otherwise. Hahn has been asst. GM since before the Sox won the WS. 

Both pairs of FO members should have been fired years ago, but I digress. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They pretty much are though if you think about it. The Sox are the Bulls if there were another, more popular NBA team in town, that actually won games. The Sox FO is not quite as bad as the Bulls, but it is close. Just like GarPax should have been fired when they failed, Hahn and KW should have been fired in 2016. Both have been around for the better part of this century. (KW has been at least the GM since 2000, Paxon since 2003.) KW/Hahn=GarPax and you can't convince me otherwise. Hahn has been asst. GM since before the Sox won the WS. 

I think his point was that the Sox seemingly have a bright future, where the Bulls ado not.

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I think his point was that the Sox seemingly have a bright future, where the Bulls ado not.

Maybe. A lot of the Sox hopes ride on Moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Kopech and Cease. If those guys don't live up to expectations, or 4/5 don't, they could be in trouble, and right back where they started: a 78 win team of stars/scrubs, but without the team friendly contracts to bail them out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Maybe. A lot of the Sox hopes ride on Moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Kopech and Cease. If those guys don't live up to expectations, or 4 don't, they could be in trouble. 

They could for sure. But when the moves were made, they mostly looked good. Garpax dont do anything that looks good on the surface :)

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Horrible comparison.  Gar/Pax’s bad goes well beyond their ability to field a competitive team.  Gar is a fucking snake and Paxson is a psycho who literally assaulted his own coach.  I know many do not like KW around here, but I don’t think he’s remotely similar to those guys and Hahn is at least a halfway decent person.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Horrible comparison.  Gar/Pax’s bad goes well beyond their ability to field a competitive team.  Gar is a fucking snake and Paxson is a psycho who literally assaulted his own coach.  I know many do not like KW around here, but I don’t think he’s remotely similar to those guys and Hahn is at least a halfway decent person.

Do you not remember the KW/Ozzie drama? How quickly we all forget. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Basically the exact same thing we’re hearing about the Sox, minus the stupid money quote...

Philadelphia is right to court Machado and Harper hard because coming out of this winter without either of them would be a disappointment. With stupid money to spend there’s no reason one of these superstars shouldn’t end up in Phillies pinstripes.

If the Phillies do land Harper they could use one of their young outfielders as trade bait for a left-handed pitcher. They could also sign Mike Moustakas to replace Maikel Franco at third and swap Franco to a team like the Padres, who have wanted him for years.

Should Machado sign with Philadelphia another outfielder such as A.J. Pollock could be signed. Franco would more than likely be moved to make room for Machado at third base.

Buckle up, because the next week could be very interesting for the Phillies.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Basically the exact same thing we’re hearing about the Sox, minus the stupid money quote...

Philadelphia is right to court Machado and Harper hard because coming out of this winter without either of them would be a disappointment. With stupid money to spend there’s no reason one of these superstars shouldn’t end up in Phillies pinstripes.

If the Phillies do land Harper they could use one of their young outfielders as trade bait for a left-handed pitcher. They could also sign Mike Moustakas to replace Maikel Franco at third and swap Franco to a team like the Padres, who have wanted him for years.

Should Machado sign with Philadelphia another outfielder such as A.J. Pollock could be signed. Franco would more than likely be moved to make room for Machado at third base.

Buckle up, because the next week could be very interesting for the Phillies.

I think that both the Sox and Phillies are targeting Machado and Machado only. Both the Sox and Phillies are loaded with corner OF, and I don't think the Phillies would have signed McCutchen if they weren't completely out on Harper. I think the Sox would shift to Harper if they fail on Machado, but only under that circumstance. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres