Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Mbs1969 said:

Patience.   You will know soon.    Some good stuff out there but can’t be put out here yet.  

I only say don't worry about what the sources are saying until I see something like this.  We can go ahead and listen to this.  Come on, boys....finish it off!

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

They better sign Machado quick then. 

I really don’t think they have to hurry, Harper is not signing no way no how before Machado. Boras knows the team that does not get him will get desperate, not to mention If manny signs with the Whitesox he knows we have room for Harper still and will use us to try and up the offer on philly 

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

I really don’t think they have to hurry, Harper is not signing no way no how before Machado. Boras knows the team that does not get him will get desperate, not to mention If manny signs with the Whitesox he knows we have room for Harper still and will use us to try and up the offer on philly 

That's not the issue. It is the Phillies gaining too much momentum. They will bid the same as us for Harper if not more. 

Just now, Kpet1010 said:

Can one of our big sources on this board confirm that Sox are still in on Harper even after possibly signing machado?

I want both. I want bothhhhh

Yes. Please. A big source. Step forward. Do we have a big source? 

Just now, Kpet1010 said:

Can one of our big sources on this board confirm that Sox are still in on Harper even after possibly signing machado?

I want both. I want bothhhhh

There's been some cryptic hints towards that by some. I forgot exactly who. I'll say this though. Personally, I believe that if the Sox sign Machado, we will soon get some news saying that "now the Sox will be focusing on Harper", and I believe it won't be altogether untrue (like an agent plant). 

Just now, South Sider said:

There's been some cryptic hints towards that by some. I forgot exactly who. I'll say this though. Personally, I believe that if the Sox sign Machado, we will soon get some news saying that "now the Sox will be focusing on Harper", and I believe it won't be altogether untrue (like an agent plant). 

FWIW, McGuffey tweeted today that no team is getting both guys

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

That's not the issue. It is the Phillies gaining too much momentum. They will bid the same as us for Harper if not more. 

Yes, but Harper will not field final offers until Machado signs, if we lock up Machado then you will see the Harper movements because even if Philly is the final destination they are going to want 

a) more money than what Machado gets

b) final offers even from the whitesox to use against philly which is going to need to be more than Machados deal 

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm in college though, these professors go from talking about the syllabus to lecturing in like 10 minutes on the first day of class lol

If the professor is a White Sox fan maybe he'll be as excited as we are and want to talk about a possible Machado signing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If the professor is a White Sox fan maybe he'll be as excited as we are and want to talk about a possible Machado signing.

That would be great! I've encountered very few Sox fans in real life though. There were over 1,000 people in my high school graduating class and I can count on 2 hands the number of Sox fans I knew. It's sad but not to be unexpected.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres