Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

I was a junior for 2005. I will say though, on White Sox parade day, supposedly 25% of my entire high school (2500 students) called out to attend.

That’s awesome.  I was in Ohio at college unfortunately, so I was stuck with a bunch of douchey Indians (and Reds) fans.  My biggest regret in life is not being in Chicago for that game 4 victory and being able to attend that parade.  At least I got to attend game 1 so that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I grew up in the north suburbs and there were at least several dozen Sox fans (I knew of) in a class of like 550.  I also was a kid during Frank’s hayday so maybe that helped, although ChiSoxMike was likely a kid during 2005 which should have helped even more.

I was in 1st grade in 2005, sadly I only vaguely remember that season. I was a fan but it's hard to remember the details at that age. That's why the Sox winning it all again would arguably mean more to me than 2005 because I'd obviously appreciate it way more now. Getting Machado is the first step in making that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine how much the entire feel for this team and it’s future will change if they sign Manny. He won’t be the answer but he will be a necessary step in progressing towards a World Series. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I was in 1st grade in 2005, sadly I only vaguely remember that season. I was a fan but it's hard to remember the details at that age. That's why the Sox winning it all again would arguably mean more to me than 2005 because I'd obviously appreciate it way more now. Getting Machado is the first step in making that happen.

I was in 7th grade in 1959. My science teacher helped bring me out of my depression. LOL    2005 was a Godsend. Very happy to have been part of a victorious World Series! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Saufley said:

MBS. An update needed.

I don’t have anything new.  Still a level of confidence.   Remember both Boras and Manny’s agent worked together at one time.   There are egos at play here and no one wants to blink first.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shipps said:

Imagine how much the entire feel for this team and it’s future will change if they sign Manny. He won’t be the answer but he will be a necessary step in progressing towards a World Series. 

I see manny having a HUGE impact on Moncada and Jimenez when he comes up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

I don’t have anything new.  Still a level of confidence.   Remember both Boras and Manny’s agent worked together at one time.   There are egos at play here and no one wants to blink first.  

 

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

I don’t have anything new.  Still a level of confidence.   Remember both Boras and Manny’s agent worked together at one time.   There are egos at play here and no one wants to blink first.  

If you get something I know you'll give us the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustinIllini said:

I won't believe any of it until Peavy44 says so

You may be waiting a while...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

You may be waiting a while...

I feel so bad for that dude's dog (you know he totally has one). Having to listen to his incoherent rambling 24/7 has to be hell.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Saufley said:

 

If you get something I know you'll give us the update.

Give him a break dawg. I wouldn't be releasing more info if people kept bugging me about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Give him a break dawg. I wouldn't be releasing more info if people kept bugging me about it

He seems like the kind of guy who is happy to help and has to know people respect what he says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else get an MLB app update about the Sox maybe being the favorites for Machado?  I’m sure it’s just regurgitating the Nightengale article, but I accidentally dismissed and would love to know what it said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Did anyone else get an MLB app update about the Sox maybe being the favorites for Machado?  I’m sure it’s just regurgitating the Nightengale article, but I accidentally dismissed and would love to know what it said.

 

 

https://www.mlb.com/news/latest-manny-machado-rumors/c-285627736

Edited by smalls2598
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Did anyone else get an MLB app update about the Sox maybe being the favorites for Machado?  I’m sure it’s just regurgitating the Nightengale article, but I accidentally dismissed and would love to know what it said.

Everything adds up to right now the Sox being the favorite. Once again everything can change, but with the data we have, if you choose to believe it, the Sox should be in the driver seat. 

I’m honestly at about 75% right now in terms of odds he lands with the Sox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I don’t have anything new.  Still a level of confidence.   Remember both Boras and Manny’s agent worked together at one time.   There are egos at play here and no one wants to blink first.  

I was gonna mention that. Lozano and boras don't like each other. Big egos...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Everything adds up to right now the Sox being the favorite. Once again everything can change, but with the data we have, if you choose to believe it, the Sox should be in the driver seat. 

I’m honestly at about 75% right now in terms of odds he lands with the Sox. 

I would definitely agree with those odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm in college though, these professors go from talking about the syllabus to lecturing in like 10 minutes on the first day of class lol

Yes we do. No time to waste.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

He seems like the kind of guy who is happy to help and has to know people respect what he says.

Clearly he wants us to relax and be positive. He is doing what he is supposed to by not giving out details. Be happy with the positivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I see manny having a HUGE impact on Moncada and Jimenez when he comes up 

Let's hope not. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Why is this in reply to that post?

I couldn't figure that out. Lol. I went to reply to this thread with the Sullivan link and for some reason your post was stuck in the edit box. Sorry...but I tried to straight up reply with the link only but I couldn't. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RudyLawRules said:

I couldn't figure that out. Lol. I went to reply to this thread with the Sullivan link and for some reason your post was stuck in the edit box. Sorry...but I tried to straight up reply with the link only but I couldn't. Weird.

Ah, ok. Was fairly confused, thanks for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×