Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox do land Machado, if they go grab Gio Gonzalez and A. J. Pollock. If Pollock's market is really limited, maybe they can get him on a 2 or 3 year deal. 

I'd actually prefer Pomeranz because they could get him for 1 year with a team option and he's actually still good(a solid #3) and misses bats when healthy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Where would Passan most likely be getting this from?

If you read the article it seems to be the Phillies. 

But what’s weird is the tweet says they would go higher but the article doesn’t. That’s two different implications as to where the negotiations stand. 

Edited by G&T

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

With contract details now coming out from the best reporter in the game (IMO) this decision should get done here rather quickly. 

I agree, If Passan is reporting it, then you know it's legit and shit is getting real. 

Hes almost the Woj of MLB.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox do land Machado, if they go grab Gio Gonzalez and A. J. Pollock. If Pollock's market is really limited, maybe they can get him on a 2 or 3 year deal. 

I'd actually prefer Pomeranz because they could get him for 1 year with a team option and he's actually still good(a solid #3) and misses bats when healthy. 

Ding Ding- we have a winner.   Must be listening in to the Sox phones.   Gio on a short deal and Pollock on a 3 year deal.  

• Love 1

I guess Gonzalez, Pomeranz or Miley make a lot more sense if we're trying to compete than anything else...that starting rotation has been the biggest weakness, there's Giolito, constant health concerns about Rodon, etc.

Ottavino would be NICE, but there's got to be 3-5 other teams who need him more desperately than the White Sox.

Marwin Gonzalez just seems like he has the potential to disappoint, but he's not as old as I previously imagined.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres