Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I wouldn't say insanely good, but probably good enough to be a playoff team. Just need a rotation to go with it at that point.

If you're going to convince yourself this is a playoff team then it's time to send Robert to Cleveland and actually be serious about it.

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I wouldn't say insanely good, but probably good enough to be a playoff team. Just need a rotation to go with it at that point.

If the Gio Gonzalez rumor is true, here is what we're looking at:

Rodon/Lopez/Gonzalez/Nova/Giolito

Not great but not terrible either. It will look a lot better in 2020 with Kopech and Cease. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If they add Machado and Pollock, I fully expect to see Cease called up if hes progressing like he did last season.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If you're going to convince yourself this is a playoff team then it's time to send Robert to Cleveland and actually be serious about it.

It's not a playoff team with Machado and Pollock, but it's a lineup that I would be comfortable going in to the playoffs with. Would need 2 good starters in the rotation though.

Just now, Tony said:

Compared to previous White Sox teams the last decade? For sure. 

Around the rest of the league? It’s slighty above average. 

Eh...I don't know about that. If Pollock stays healthy, Eloy is as good as advertised, and Yoan/TA7 take steps forward, that is easily the best lineup in the Central and probably one of the better lineups in the AL.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Eh...I don't know about that. If Pollock stays healthy, Eloy is as good as advertised, and Yoan/TA7 take steps forward, that is easily the best lineup in the Central and probably one of the better lineups in the AL.

Yeah, and if Rodon finally lives up to his potential and Giolito becomes decent at the very least, they could win 80-88 games. 

19 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Not great but not terrible either. It will look a lot better in 2020 with Kopech and Cease. 

Look at Cease's numbers last year in AA, he dominated. Unless he takes a step back he will be up this year.

12 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Need legit breakouts from two of Rodon/Lopez/Giolito plus #3 & #4 type performances from Gio & Nova respectively.  I know Balta thinks you need four Cy Young finalists to make the playoffs, but look at the Brewers last year.  A strong lineup and bullpen can help make up for that.  Machado & Pollock could be poor man version’s of Yelich & Cain for us.  Still a long-shot we make the playoffs, but I’d be rolling the dice on that roster next year knowing I still have a boatload or prospects arriving in the coming years.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Look at Cease's numbers last year in AA, he dominated. Unless he takes a step back he will be up this year.

I have big doubts on Cease coming up early.He still is in the building innings stage. 1st time was last year he pitched above 100 innings. Sox are going to be very careful with him.

• Like 2

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

I trust mbs.. I don't know why but I do. Why would he lie? He's a long time soxtalk guy. He wouldn't do that to us.. maybe someone is lying to him but he seems to know a lot about what the front office is up to (is it Kenny)

We've been DMing info to each other for a few days and he hasn't said anything to make me question his legitimacy. 

21 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It's not a playoff team with Machado and Pollock, but it's a lineup that I would be comfortable going in to the playoffs with. Would need 2 good starters in the rotation though.

But they don't have the pitching; and they are light on O unless Anderson and Moncada improve; which they may or may not.   The Sox have at least 3 top CF prospects...just not the position to go for a FA.  Jay and Alonso just aren't top shelf talents...by a long shot.   Sox need another year to sort things out.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres