Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Orlando said:

But claiming 7/200 to me would cause more problems. More teams to get involved and a bad taste in fan's mouths when they miss.

Definitely agree with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they strike out on this with the way they're going about it, there will be such a fanbase revolt thats going to make Disco Demolition look like childsplay. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

LOL give me a break 

 

Interesting to see the way Kenny ranks the beat guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think nothing gets done today OR because of all this s__t storm maybe it does? I'm so confused!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

PHILLIES SIGNED MACHADO! 21 years ago today, the Phillies signed Anderson Machado.

BANNED

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merk: "Kenny literally every chicago writer has tweeted out the 7 years i think they get the point"

KW: "You got twitter ready?"

Merk: "This isn't nec-"

KW: "what's happening? per VERY HIGH DISTINGUISHED SOURCE the white sox offer does note exceed 7 years"

Merk: "Can I at least get a dollar range to differentiate?"

KW:" can i at weast get the dowwar wange SEND TWEET MERK"

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Sox pawns in the media are pushing back against national reports of a high offer so that we drive opposing offers up from the lower starting point instead of a higher one, which is beneficial for us, and that's bad because it's insulting to fans? GMAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Sir said:

So the Sox pawns in the media are pushing back against national reports of a high offer so that we drive opposing offers up from the lower starting point instead of a higher one, which is beneficial for us, and that's bad because it's insulting to fans? GMAB.

I’m 95% sure this is to keep real offer down,  but the other 5% is that maybe they know he’s going to get 10 from someone and trying to stress contract length is why they didn’t get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Lozano is using Passan/Gomez (likely telling the truth, but still being used) in order to get the Sox fan base to pressure Jerry on closing.

Jerry, in turn, likes to turn around and prove his gall, that he doesnt give a shit about public perception. So he sends out Levine/Nightengale/Schouwen.

 How exactly are fans pressuring Jerry? By being angry on twitter? We're angry on twitter 24/7. In fact, everybody is miserable on twitter. That's what it's for. If there were thousands of people screaming outside the park, that might get Jerry's attention. But yelling online and a dozen people calling their ticket agent threatening to cancel their package for next year unless we sign Machado isn't doing a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roughneck said:

 How exactly are fans pressuring Jerry? By being angry on twitter? We're angry on twitter 24/7. In fact, everybody is miserable on twitter. That's what it's for. If there were thousands of people screaming outside the park, that might get Jerry's attention. But yelling online and a dozen people calling their ticket agent threatening to cancel their package for next year unless we sign Machado isn't doing a thing.

What I'm saying is the Lozano side thinks they can use fan pressure on the FO. But for the Sox that does not work, and Jerry shows it does not work by doing exactly what he's doing with Nightengale.

 

Right now the Yankees fans feel insulted, and what theyre going through right now (aesthetically) is nothing compared to what we're being put through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

PHILLIES SIGNED MACHADO! 21 years ago today, the Phillies signed Anderson Machado.

You should be banned.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m 95% sure this is to keep real offer down,  but the other 5% is that maybe they know he’s going to get 10 from someone and trying to stress contract length is why they didn’t get him.

That would be so White Sox FO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×