Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

Yes!  I see that thread way more insane and comical.  Just think if the Sox don't get Manny, that thread will be nuts.

If the Sox get Manny, people are going to be dreaming of something very amazing, but not very likely.

We’ll be playing with house money at that point. It’ll be a crazy thread, but much less stressful. 

3 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

Yes!  I see that thread way more insane and comical.  Just think if the Sox don't get Manny, that thread will be nuts.

If the Sox get Manny, people are going to be dreaming of something very amazing, but not very likely.

I predict that a "Manny signing elsewhere" thread will be the genesis for multiple prison sentences.

10 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

Duarte playing both sides of the scoop & Heyman confirming bad (for us) Sox reports. This day has gone much different than I thought it would. 

Why do you see it as a bad thing that Heyman is also confirming the 7 year thing? If no one is beating that offer then who cares? If they do top it then it sounds like the Sox are prepared to up their offer.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The thing is, if it succeeds,  none of this matters.  If it fails, it will be held onto for decades.

I agree with the success part.  If it fails, Mr. Reinsdorf doesn't have decades.  This will be attached to him for the remainder of his ownership.  It is a stigma that will be with the Sox until a new owner comes in.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They are 100% linked. If the Sox don't sign a whales, the details will mean nothing.  There will be meltdowns galore.

I wonder if the FO will think it was better if they hadn't even tried to acquire one of the best 0layeds in baseball.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I wonder if the FO will think it was better if they hadn't even tried to acquire one of the best 0layeds in baseball.

Maybe, as they polish their big trophy they made for themselves labeled “hardest tryers”, they will think “was it worth it? Could we have used the money we spent on our try hard trophy to actually sign the player? No. It is the fans who are wrong”

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres