Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

16 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Trying my best not to check this board all day. But it always seems like when I step away for a few hours, some piece of news breaks, and brings me right back.

I'd argue absolutely no news has broken and it's just a bunch of bullshit tweets. To each his/her own!

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Then how do you explain to your fans when he says no and signs a reasonable deal elsewhere?

You state the obvious.  He was never going to sign with the White Sox for a reasonable contract and we decided to move on instead of being used as a pawn to drive up the price fro the predetermined final suitor.  We felt it was best for our fanbase to understand we made every attempt to sign the player but it was just not going to happen. 

I don't know if that is a better situation or not but if either player lost out because of it I'd be fine.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

You state the obvious.  He was never going to sign with the White Sox for a reasonable contract and we decided to move on instead of being used as a pawn to drive up the price fro the predetermined final suitor.  We felt it was best for our fanbase to understand we made every attempt to sign the player but it was just not going to happen. 

I don't know if that is a better situation or not but if either player lost out because of it I'd be fine.

So pay him an amount that is comparatively unreasonable. It would still be better money than the White Sox have spent on the FA market this decade. 

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

3 things I have learned this off season:

1. Everyone has a "source"

2. The national media and the local media do not have the same source

3. Not everyone with a blue check mark is telling the truth

The blue checkmark on Twitter is about as reliable as wiki on public figures.  It's largely a political gesture curated by twitter as a for profit company.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres