Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why I think everyone afraid of other teams jumping in @$175M is a load of horse manure. We all need to try to think as executives in charge of a multi billion dollar corporation instead of .25 ante weekend poker players who buy back into the pot because they happen to have an extra $10 in their wallet. These things are planned out in advance , these teams have other holes to fill . They can't hold up there own team while jumping in at one amount then jumping right back out when it gets too rich. You are either in or out from the start knowing full well that the market can either crater or explode.

$175mil is way different than $300mil. And the expectation to start the off-season was $300mil. I absolutely believe there are teams out there who would consider $200mil that wouldnt have touched $300mil. 

But again, no way is Lozano leaking such a low offer. Corbin got 6 years $140. No way is Machado only getting 7 years $175.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HakunaMachado said:

Heyman’s update is good right? That is what all the board insiders have been saying all along?

I wouldnt jump for Joy. Heyman tends to be a mouth piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Quin said:

Heyman + Passan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Olney, Nightengale and Co.

There aren't enough likes for this post. We need to replace Nightengale's photo with Bob from Niles. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again the Sox will get Machado and will get him at a fairly decent price compared to what Lozano was trying to get. It’s gonna get done but will continue to be a shit show until Lozano comes back down to reality. Machado to the Sox at 8 years/$260 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why I think everyone afraid of other teams jumping in @$175M is a load of horse manure. We all need to try to think as executives in charge of a multi billion dollar corporation instead of .25 ante weekend poker players who buy back into the pot because they happen to have an extra $10 in their wallet. These things are planned out in advance , these teams have other holes to fill . They can't hold up there own team while jumping in at one amount then jumping right back out when it gets too rich. You are either in or out from the start knowing full well that the market can either crater or explode.

Not in my experience. You don't get to be a billionaire by failing to seize opportunities. I've been in negotiations where an unexpected major opportunity is presented and my client had to pivot to take advantage. It was months of work for a deal that didn't pan out, but we had to try. Others trying to get the contract understood and waited.  Some teams won't be interested regardless, but a lot would change their plans for a relatively low cost Manny Machado.

It's tough to describe what negotiating these types of deals is like, but comparing it to buying a car or house is not remotely close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This is even more ridiculous than the #CesPAYdes thing a few years ago.

#CesPAYdes was my enduring memory of you until your sudden return.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

$175mil is way different than $300mil. And the expectation to start the off-season was $300mil. I absolutely believe there are teams out there who would consider $200mil that wouldnt have touched $300mil. 

But again, no way is Lozano leaking such a low offer. Corbin got 6 years $140. No way is Machado only getting 7 years $175.

Let me make it plain what I think. There might be teams out there who have told Lozano give me a call when you are near the conclusion and we'll see what we can do. Those teams might be  conversatively filling other holes on their rosters . That means those teams have been in it since the beginning, quietly in it, but still in it from the start. I think it's highly implausible that any team not in it from the start will come suddenly swooping in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

I dont know that for fact. Id be putting my foot in my mouth if i said that. I just know as of right now, there is not another team willing to offer an AAV near his 32.5m expectations. The pujols comp is a sticking point to the frustration 

No offense, but this simply isn’t true.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sox settling in for the long game, as well they should. Lozano will get back to Sox if Phillie or anyone beat the bid. In the meantime, I think Hahn is playing it right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, G&T said:

"way off" could also mean $120M. Heyman just thinks it's higher.

Ridiculous.  He clearly said it starts with a 2.  I'm thinking it's about $250,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Ridiculous.  He clearly said it starts with a 2.  I'm thinking it's about $250,000.

I thought that statement was pretty clearly joking based on reports that keep lowering the offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iamshack said:

No offense, but this simply isn’t true.

Its not true that no one deems Machado worth a record matchin AAV. Dont want to argue, I’m just being open minded to this possibility. Machado is not *currently an alltime great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Let me make it plain what I think. There might be teams out there who have told Lozano give me a call when you are near the conclusion and we'll see what we can do. Those teams might be  conversatively filling other holes on their rosters . That means those teams have been in it since the beginning, quietly in it, but still in it from the start. I think it's highly implausible that any team not in it from the start will come suddenly swooping in.

This is just semantics then. The 3 main players were Yankees, Phillies and Sox. They as of now, were the ones who met Machado and had serious discussions. Those are the only 3 teams who were (imo) in it from the start. 

Another team saying "Hey call me maybe", isnt really in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IowaPG said:

Its not true that no one deems Machado worth a record matchin AAV. Dont want to argue, I’m just being open minded to this possibility. Machado is not *currently an alltime great.

The Yankeee value Machado above $30m. The issue is the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's quite the statement.

Man, i have zero clue who leaked the terms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it’s been quite a day.  I can tell you the $175 million isn’t true.  It just isn’t    If it was the Sox would be out of the running. And they may have offered it initially but there are discussions like “ if I talked Jerry into offering  x for a total of y” would we have a deal?   It’s negotiations 101.  Hang in there.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×