yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

21 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wait. I live in SoCal. Who do I drink with?

me. I also live in SoCal.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Meanwhile Passan had someone he trusts suggest Manny ends up with the Yankees:

I think so too if he’s getting a contract at $200 million or less.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Holy crap it's apparent that Parkins and Levine hate each other's guts after that

I don’t know about hate but Danny did a hell of a job calling out Bruce on his bullshit. Bruce was overwhelmed and out of breath lol. It’s about time he calls it a career. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaPG said:

Passan trying to shove his last report under the rug?

Why, he never said that the Sox were the leaders.  He said someone who "reads the tea leaves" thought that's what would happen.  Hopefully that is based on the assumed 7/175 deal.

Somewhere in Florida hawk is looking at his iPad and muttering... You gotta be bleeping me... 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I used to wonder how a show like Jerry Springer could be popular.  Now this thread is basically a Springer episode. 

I think its a little more like Maury. You are NOT the CONTRACT. Then everyone goes crazy. Then that happens over and over again.

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

Machado's going to go on TV and rip up the Sox contract offer and throw it in the garbage in front of Yankee Stadium.

42 minutes ago, Sockin said:

You forgot to the mention the garbage can is also on fire.

I swear to God if Lazano comes out and says "the team on the contract does say Sox... however the contract reads Boston Red Sox!" I'll lose my shit.

Just now, Mooseman said:

I swear to God if Lazano comes out and says "the team on the contract does say Sox... however the contract reads Boston Red Sox!" I'll lose my shit.

or Manny does a hat selection and chooses the Sox and then throws it off his head and picks the Yankees.  

Lazaro’s message said Olney and Nighty have been inaccurate regarding the details of the White Sox level of interest. Is that the offer, or is this whole thing phony, and the White Sox are chasing Harper?

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Lazaro’s message said Olney and Nighty have been inaccurate regarding the details of the White Sox level of interest. Is that the offer, or is this whole thing phony, and the White Sox are chasing Harper?

only reason I doubt that is why would he rule out the Sox if they weren't interested, as it still gives him a team to float rumors about?

The latest for Passan is concerning. 

If Machado makes too much sense for the Yankees, then we must be talking about another level of sense for the White Sox.

The lowball offer garbage better not be true. If we keep fucking around in the low 200 range and the Yankees swoop in with a 200 million deal, Machado may just take that. And the Sox won't have a chance to increase because they've proven they won't budge if no one out bids them. 

Sox need Machado. Increase the bid based on the "you have been a shitty organization for 12 years tax" and at least make it harder for Manny to choose the Yankees. The last place you want to be is sitting with the highest bid in the low 200s in February if the Yankees are willing to come close to that. 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Anyone crying about the owners or "market price" need to read this. 

The system is BROKEN and we shouldn't be giving owners a pass.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/1/10/18176833/manny-machado-bryce-harper-free-agency-value

That article does not address the competitive balance tax, and the impact that it has, and it has a pretty big impact. There is a point at which throwing crazy/stupid money at one player does not make good business sense. I'm not saying that the 7/175 offer is to that point, but the author of the article is just not being realistic. Unless you are going to somehow demand that all teams have a 200+million payroll, there are going to be market corrections.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Lazaro wouldn’t want anyone to know that

43 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wait. I live in SoCal. Who do I drink with?

I’ll have water or coffee with ya

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

Lazaro wouldn’t want anyone to know that

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

...Lozano...

• Like 1

I think I figured it out.  Has anyone tweeted at Manny to see how many retweets it would take for him to sign here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3