yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If he insists on playing SS the White Sox should look somewhere else. Play Yolmer at 3b for another year and go after Rendon or Arenado. 

He's not as good of a SS as he is a 3b, he won't last there for that many years and he'll have to move eventually, and if a player really wants to convince me they have an attitude problem then that player should insist that they deserve a position even when they're not the best defender at it. 

That said, I still think playing SS this year was to show some suitors that he could if they wanted him to.

Worry about moncada and madigral later? I just think Having machado play SS entices him in and we can use TA to grab a rotation peice. I dont love our starting depth

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Am I crazy or did raBBit say he thought something would happen today?

You're crazy. Nobody knows when anything is gonna happen. I'm just gonna stare at the wall til spring training.

20 minutes ago, shipps said:

I think we all know the longer this goes on it lessens our chances. It’s just going to allow others the time to create an oppportunity with their financial flexibility by making trades or give time for another to talk themselves into being bold and making a huge offer. 

Yes, I think this is exactly why Sox fans are hitting the panic button everyday with this 7/175 talk and it won’t look good for JR or any of the front office if a team now comes in and sweeps him out from under us. Pitch fork grabbers will be out and about regardless of the ending calling JR cheap etc. I get the Sox don’t want to bid against themselves but at the same time I’d be asking manny what is it going to take to get this over and sign him today, if they feel it’s reasonable just give him what he wants and be done with it.

Just now, IowaPG said:

Worry about moncada and madigral later? I just think Having machado play SS entices him in and we can use TA to grab a rotation peice. I dont love our starting depth

I don't see anyone likely to give you a real decent rotation piece for Anderson. He's an ok player, but what team is going to part with a rotation piece for him when they could just sign Jose Iglesias? 

5 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Am I crazy or did raBBit say he thought something would happen today?

raBBit only said something along the lines of the Whitesox like to announce deals on Wednesday’s. I don’t ever recall ever seeing him say anything specific about today though.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't see anyone likely to give you a real decent rotation piece for Anderson. He's an ok player, but what team is going to part with a rotation piece for him when they could just sign Jose Iglesias? 

Controll + prospects ? Definitly dont think wed get much on a 1 for 1 swap

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

This is the tweet I was thinking of

Based on all the smoke, at that point in time five days ago, he thought it would be over by today. But he didn’t have any inside source about that. It was just his guess. Now he’s guessing that this may drag on for awhile. 

I am a former agent, more on the marketing side, but definitely understand the art of negotiation.  My guess is the blast from the agent was a call to all teams that this is the going rate at the moment, and it's time to take a seat at the table.

Machado probably likes the Sox,but agent is hoping there is some glorious team who throws out more.

36 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I've seen parts of it. Old roommate used to make fun of me when we were in infantry officer school together because I wanted to go to the 101st but hadn't seen BoB. I got sent to an armored division instead, so I guess it didn't matter.

Thank you for your service.

1 minute ago, IowaPG said:

Controll + prospects ? Definitly dont think wed get much on a 1 for 1 swap

Anderson is an average player with pretty good upside if he can continue the defensive improvement we saw in the 2nd half of last year. Right now he's a better defensive SS than Machado. If you have an infield of Machado, Anderson, Moncada, and some warm body at 1b, you have the makings of an exceptional defensive infield, and swapping out Moncada for Madrigal does not change that. Moving Machado to SS and doing whatever else you want to do with Anderson leaves you with a much weaker IF defensively, fails to fill the main hole in our organization right now (3b), and leaves you still thinking about shifting Moncada or having to sign another 3b.

If you sign Machado and someone gets hurt or falls apart at SS then moving him there for a short time is a backup plan, but honestly, if Machado insists "I must be a SS at any cost" as a GM I'd almost certainly say good luck and I hope it costs you a lot because you don't have an offer from the White Sox to manage us and make our lineup.

• Thanks 1

Again for any panicking fans out there, the Sox aren’t going to be outbid for Machado and I truly believe he wants to go to Chicago at this point and a lot of that has to do with Jon Jay and Alonso and money of course. This may drag on but the Sox are going to get him just a matter of when.

Just pretend Manny Machado doesn’t exist and listen to this...

• Love 2

Has MM camp mentioned even once this off season that playing SS is at all a priority to him? 

12 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This is the tweet I was thinking of

Well he never said which Wednesday. Maybe he meant next Wednesday latest! 

(This is sarcasm if its not obvious)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thank you for your service.

I sincerely appreciate that, man. It was my honor, honestly. My adventures in the service have been some of the greatest and funnest of my life. Wouldn’t trade it for any other job in the world.

49 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I've seen parts of it. Old roommate used to make fun of me when we were in infantry officer school together because I wanted to go to the 101st but hadn't seen BoB. I got sent to an armored division instead, so I guess it didn't matter.

Thank you for your service to our Country Sir. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shipps said:

Has MM camp mentioned even once this off season that playing SS is at all a priority to him? 

Not that I know of, but I firmly believe that the upgrade to the team is far less valuable if he insists on playing short. That’s not our eternal black hole; third is.

1 minute ago, Frank_Thomas said:

Thank you for your service to our Country Sir. 

Thank you, buddy! Gratitude is never expected but always appreciated. Even on the internet, it does mean a lot to me, so thank you.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

I sincerely appreciate that, man. It was my honor, honestly. My adventures in the service have been some of the greatest and funnest of my life. Wouldn’t trade it for any other job in the world.

I’m a Navy guy myself, so gotta say you might have chosen the wrong branch but all kidding aside I couldn’t agree with you more. The adventures the service takes you on are absolutely amazing. Still currently serving?

Just now, The Sir said:

Thank you, buddy! Gratitude is never expected but always appreciated. Even on the internet, it does mean a lot to me, so thank you.

Much respect.

55 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Armored? You spend anytime at the place of my  birth, Fort Knox?

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’m a Navy guy myself, so gotta say you might have chosen the wrong branch but all kidding aside I couldn’t agree with you more. The adventures the service takes you on are absolutely amazing. Still currently serving?

And thank you too Sir.