yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else starting to think the Sox are prepared to do something crazy and the Phillies are talking a big game but will ultimately come up short?  I’m sure this post will come back to haunt me in the not too distant future, but I feel like Uncle Jerry may be sick of the losing and is ready to spend big bucks with 83 just around the corner.  Not to be dire, but no one wants to go out as a rebuilding loser.  I really think Reinsdorf is ready to nut up and add two fucking whales.

I wish I could feel this way, my brain has turned to mush thinking about what’s going on when it will be over etc. The 16 year old kid screams both is possible but the 31 year old adult says no chance it happens....so it depends on which one you ask.

I will say, it's definitely better for them if neither has signed with anyone yet as opposed to them both signing with other teams.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else starting to think the Sox are prepared to do something crazy and the Phillies are talking a big game but will ultimately come up short?  I’m sure this post will come back to haunt me in the not too distant future, but I feel like Uncle Jerry may be sick of the losing and is ready to spend big bucks with 83 just around the corner.  Not to be dire, but no one wants to go out as a rebuilding loser.  I really think Reinsdorf is ready to nut up and add two fucking whales.

No

6 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I will say, it's definitely better for them if neither has signed with anyone yet as opposed to them both signing with other teams.

I can only imagine how myself and I’m assuming most of the rest of this board would react if Machado/Harper sign first and the team isn’t the Chicago Whitesox.....talk about a shit storm.....

10 hours ago, smellysox said:

I hope he gets a ton of them too!

I bet he won't go if it's not wrapped up. That could lead to a pretty bad foot in mouth incident

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Once free agency started I felt the Sox were trying to get both of these guys. I suggested 10 at $375 mil for Harper, and 10 at $300 mil for Machado. Many people thought it would take more than $675 mil to get these two. Where it stands now if the Sox can get both for less than $675 mil I think they’d consider it a win. With Harper in right, Machado at 3B, Eloy in left, Abreu at 1B/DH I feel like they try to trade for a 1 or 2 type pitcher so they can go for the division this year. I was thinking Grienke, but not sure if he’s still considered a 1 or 2 type pitcher anymore?

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Nightengale is gonna be on hot stove in a few minutes.

This should be good lol wonder if he admits defeat or doubles down

Edited by Orlando

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A wise man once said ...A zebra doesn't change it's stripes... JR has always been cheap and has been one of the  most vocal figures siding with ownership pushing back against the players union. Hes the guy who wont go over a certain amount of years for pitchers, one who stood his ground heavily during the strike, the guy who has never given a contract over $68mm (giving $100mm contracts to guys who ultimately get $150mm doesn't really count ... that proves hes even more hard headed and unable to be flexible).

I am thinking we get neither of these guys. Just my personal opinion. Phillies will land one and the other will sign one of these short term high AAV contract ala what Grandal just did.  With how this FA market is going its going to be very important to the players union to establish a high AAV contract and they will push them to do so.

Ultimately we'll file away this offseason like all others... JR coming up short on a major FA when in reality we never had a shot.

10 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

Here's a question since we're all bored...who is more deserving of being in the HOF: Buehrle or Konerko?

56. And it's not even close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bschmaranz said:

Bruce (on score now) basically said Lozano is just venting frustration over low offers.  Claimed both Machado and Harper will wind up with closer to 200 than 300 mil.  White Sox offer is traditional, not a lot of opt outs, etc.

I trust Bruce as much as an ass. ( the donkey kind. )

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mqr said:

56. And it's not even close.

As much as I love Konerko, 100% agree.  Neither will get in, but Mark is closer. 

The fact that the White Sox are out whaling while Tom Ricketts is going on the radio crying poor makes me a happy boy

Nightengale saying basically same as Bruce, their numbers were right.  Sox haven't moved on initial offer, 7 years under 200.  He definitely sounds more confident than Bruce did.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

As much as I love Konerko, 100% agree.  Neither will get in, but Mark is closer. 

i say Konerko has a shot with the veterans committee. 

Just now, centerfieldsixers said:

i say Konerko has a shot with the veterans committee. 

If he gets a sweetheart committee like Harold did, yeah.  

44 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Why on planet earth would Lozano go scorched earth on a rumor that is in reality true. If no one else came in and the final best offer was 7/175, he'd look like an absolute clown

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nightengale saying Phillies and Sox are only teams on both Harper and Machado.  No Yankees on Manny, no Nationals on Harp.

6 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Nightengale saying basically same as Bruce, their numbers were right.  Sox haven't moved on initial offer, 7 years under 200.  He definitely sounds more confident than Bruce did.

Weren't they the ones saying that the Sox were offering about $200m (believed to be about $210m) just a couple weeks ago?

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

This is crazy. 

So with nightingale building case that the sox offer is low but also there are no other teams interested I do basically feel like that's the white sox org narrative.