yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

I should become an insider, here is my first draft of my first tweet:

Sources around the game suggest that the White Sox are interested in acquiring good players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I should become an insider, here is my first draft of my first tweet:

Sources around the game suggest that the White Sox are interested in acquiring good players.

OR any players who will be used as leverage to sign superstar players...

In the case of Manny Machado: His agent is annoyed with reports to the press, his father told the colleague @hgomez27 who #Dodgers made an offer (without specifying what type of offer) and in the last hours began the show of the "mysterious" teams.

Edited by EvilJester99

2 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

In the case of Manny Machado: His agent is annoyed with reports to the press, his father told the colleague @hgomez27 who #Dodgers made an offer (without specifying what type of offer) and in the last hours began the show of the "mysterious" teams.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cjgalloway said:

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

I took it as the Dodgers are the "mystery team" and made an offer to Machado. 

Edited by EvilJester99

19 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Hey I get it. I came with no mal intent. I just wanted to share what I heard. i never claimed to have an inside game. I do not work for the white sox or have affiliation with any organization in the MLB nor have i claimed that I do. Any other poster in this thread that heard something didnt get as much shit as what i said did, which hasnt been confirmed or denied to this point, so the hates a bit unnecessary. I wasnt going to be the one to break any signings nor was i planning on it lol. I agree I couldve used better word choice in my follow up postings.Thanks for the civil conversation 

My brothers partner at his law firm, his uncle works in Advertising for them . He never has claimed any imminent trades or signings to me, most if not all of his information comes second hand, as hes not in negotiations 

The only thing he had claimed was when Peavy originally blocked the trade from SD to the white sox. (Before finally agreeing towards the seasons end). Besides that, usually just tidbits. 

It’s all good. We have some sensitive posters right now when it comes to this topic. 

3 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Yea is this supposed to mean Lozano is pissed they are making up mystery team reported offers? Or that he didnt want anyone to know things were going on behind the scenes?

1 minute ago, shipps said:

It’s all good. We have some sensitive posters right now when it comes to this topic. 

What did IOWA say?  Or what page can I find it on

5 minutes ago, shipps said:

Appreciate that!

11 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

People on Twitter are speculating that the Sox are going to announce the signing at SoxFest. I don't really know what the point of that would be, if anything I'd think they would want to announce it beforehand to build up hype for the event and sell as many ticket packages as possible.

I think that if he’s not signed by SoxFest, he’s not coming to the Sox. I hope some clear contract offer amounts are provided by reporters so that we know how things actually went. And I would hope Hahn gives more insight on what the plan is next if they miss out on the whales.

11 hours ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Sox are not going to announce at Sox fest. They basically gave Lozano a deadline or there pulling off

What is said deadline and why wouldn’t they?

10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The best ones are good looking and friendly.  Fight me.

And giving.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think that if he’s not signed by SoxFest, he’s not coming to the Sox. I hope some clear contract offer amounts are provided by reporters so that we know how things actually went. And I would hope Hahn gives more insight on what the plan is next if they miss out on the whales.

Yeah because if he isn't signed by SoxFest what was all this even for..................... 

23 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

What did IOWA say?  Or what page can I find it on

I honestly don’t even remember. It was a time when there was a few posters with vague and random rumors. 

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What is said deadline and why wouldn’t they?

Can you imagine the fan outrage if they are led to believe there will be a signing for Soxfest and then there is not! 

Jeez, Buster Olney is nothing but a mouthpiece anymore, zero reporting or insight. And I bet they could hire 3-5 actual good reporters for whatever salary hed getting.

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

THEORY - Brooks Boyer has something up his sleeve. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Yeah because if he isn't signed by SoxFest what was all this even for..................... 

What do we think Hahn gets asked if there is no announcement?

3 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

THEORY - Brooks Boyer has something up his sleeve. 

Benny the Bull and Southpaw come out dancing on the stage, Hahn announces the deal, Manny comes out of a huge box, JR is wheeled out making money rain and the Loveabulls and Chevy Pride Crew throw out tickets to the crowd? Sounds about right.

Soxfest is really not that big of a deal and certainly not as important to the FO as many probably hope. I’ve always seen it as a nice time for Sox fans just to be around other Sox fans in the middle of our winter wasteland but it doesn’t have much more meaning in the grand scheme of things. 

Rick Hahn’s kids are big WWE fans. It would be pretty awesome if Rick announced the signing during the first town hall meeting at Soxfest and Machado came out from behind the curtain in a Sox hat. It would be similar to an nWo recruitment right there. 

3BtF7pc0rfiu7wv_a54sY_KrWZ7BIeMViCKtZWIn

4 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Rick Hahn’s kids are big WWE fans. It would be pretty awesome if Rick announced the signing during the first town hall meeting at Soxfest and Machado came out from behind the curtain in a Sox hat. It would be similar to an nWo recruitment right there. 

3BtF7pc0rfiu7wv_a54sY_KrWZ7BIeMViCKtZWIn

Or when NWO came back in the late 90's/early 00's and Vince was giving quick, creepy promos all show and then he finally spun around in the chair and the chair had NWO written on it?

Hahn gives a townhall, lights dim, he spins around eerily chuckling, chair says MM on the back, Machado comes out.