yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

33 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Jeez, Buster Olney is nothing but a mouthpiece anymore, zero reporting or insight. And I bet they could hire 3-5 actual good reporters for whatever salary hed getting.

Yeah he isn’t the best columnist but his podcast is still pretty good.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Or when NWO came back in the late 90's/early 00's and Vince was giving quick, creepy promos all show and then he finally spun around in the chair and the chair had NWO written on it?

Hahn gives a townhall, lights dim, he spins around eerily chuckling, chair says MM on the back, Machado comes out.

Hahaha! A “Lethal dose of poison!” has been injected into the AL central!! Sox fans are going crazy. Welcome to the sWo the Sox World Order. Who will be the next signing, Bryce? Markakis? Lol

• Love 1

I don't think SoxFest is any kind of deadline as the Sox can afford to wait as long as they have to, I just thought they would want to have Machado there if at all possible. 

39 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

THEORY - Brooks Boyer has something up his sleeve. 

I keep coming back to that... what if Machado and the Sox agreed to terms around the time they traded for Alonso, and the Sox are waiting to make a splash?  Or they promised him they'd match Harper's deal?

But then I keep coming back to that 300mm is sooooo much money that the Sox couldn't risk something getting messed up or falling apart.  

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

There's a sign at College Gameday today at Duke that says "Machado to the White Sox" 😂

It should say Zion to the Bulls. 

26 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I don't think SoxFest is any kind of deadline as the Sox can afford to wait as long as they have to, I just thought they would want to have Machado there if at all possible. 

Sure, how much more money are you willing to spend to get it done prior to SoxFest?  Like is him being there worth a million bucks even?  Probably not.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, how much more money are you willing to spend to get it done prior to SoxFest?  Like is him being there worth a million bucks even?  Probably not.

Who knows. But it would make the fans happy and the event would probably be more exciting than it has been in years if he was there.

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

The Bulls are hopeless under current management, the Sox have a future if they can land a whale.

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Who knows. But it would make the fans happy and the event would probably be more exciting than it has been in years if he was there.

Definitely, but you don’t pay more money just so he’s there.

19 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

There's a sign at College Gameday today at Duke that says "Machado to the White Sox" 😂

IT’S OFFICIAL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely, but you don’t pay more money just so he’s there.

Oh yeah, it's totally ridiculous to think we'd spend more with Soxfest looming.  Just the fact that they'd be holding off announcing or in any way augment a quarter of a billion dollar deal just so a few thousand fans can get happy at a convention they already paid to go to seems beyond silly.

The Sox happen to get a deal done with someone once before Sox fest to get a nice buzz going and make for a feel good weekend so now every year around this time fans think they have to do that. And the funniest part of it is it was probably just a coincidence that they got one done at that time too. 😂 

11 minutes ago, shipps said:

The Sox happen to get a deal done with someone once before Sox fest to get a nice buzz going and make for a feel good weekend so now every year around this time fans think they have to do that. And the funniest part of it is it was probably just a coincidence that they got one done at that time too. 😂 

Probably, but Hahn should expect questions from fans as opposed to the same garbage that the media asks him. Hopefully there are some good targeted questions and follow up questions asked so he answers with something instead of giving a politician’s response.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I would think it's worth more than that. Especially for a team like the Sox who've had really poor attendance and have a LOT to gain. Also there is the X factor of letting it go on potentially invites other teams to come and steal him away from you.

I went to sox fest once a few years back, we were given some weekend passes. Went one day and didnt come back . Really wasnt all that exciting, the press conferences are interesting but I wouldnt do it again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

I went to sox fest once a few years back, we were given some weekend passes. Went one day and didnt come back . Really wasnt all that exciting, the press conferences are interesting but I wouldnt do it again.

It’s not for everyone. More a grind really if you’re an autograph seeker. The seminars can be really interesting if you aren’t.

I haven’t gone since they switched hotels whenever the hell that was.  A lot of us old ass Soxtalk posters used to go all the time before that.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

This may surprise you, but a lot of people couldn't give a shit about the Bulls/NBA.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I haven’t gone since they switched hotels whenever the hell that was.  A lot of us old ass Soxtalk posters used to go all the time before that.

I went in 03, only time I've ever gone.  We had a fricken blast though.  I'd imagine the 2nd time around would lose a lot of it's luster.

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

It was a good time back at the Hyatt. You could also meet a lot of the players at the bar at night.