yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

4 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Nolans such a stud though. Love watching that guy

Even then, he’s older, has the lesser road splits and his personality might not be a perfect fit in NYC.

The last three years, 830 vs. 1.057 away vs. road OPS.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Even then, he’s older, has the lesser road splits and his personality might not be a perfect fit in NYC.

Interesting thing I heard listening to the mlb statcast podcast is that most Rockies hitters actually have much better road splits when they leave the Rockies. So basically Rockies players aren't as good as their home splits make you think, but they are also much better than their road splits would make you think. 

• Thanks 1

Why would the Rockies trade Arenado after winning 91 games and making the playoffs last year? The Rockies, unlike Baltimore, have two third base prospects to fall back after the '19 if the Rockies can't extend Arenado. I think the Rockes keep Arenado and make another playoff run.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nolan would be a great fit personality wise with Judge and Stanton. Manny is the one who I think would be a bad fit, attitude-wise, in NY

Worth mentioning is they are currently at stalemate about his salary for next year.  Rockies third baseman seeking $30M; club figure is $24M

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is Cashman saying how likely he is to pay anything approaching market rate for Manny.

Yeah, and it could backfire on them. I hope Colorado extends him in the middle of the season!

3 minutes ago, daggins said:

Cool, but he already said that. Others have said it too.

He's rapidly approaching Dan Clark territory...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is Cashman saying how likely he is to pay anything approaching market rate for Manny.

I don't see how any team would be jumping at the chance to sign a 30 yr. old Arenado with his home/away splits. I have no doubt he is a very talented hitter, but it's like a night and day difference. The guy simply belongs in Coors Field. I would be shocked if 29 of the other teams got the same production he gets currently for the Rockies.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Yup, wouldn't take anything WSD says with credibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yup, wouldn't take anything WSD says with credibility.

I think that's a bad take. He got an update from whoever he normally talks to and he feels good about what they said. Don't think there's anything wrong with that. He's nowhere near Dan Clark. 

Edit:

It's not like he guaranteed it for no good reason and keeps blasting people who disagreed. 

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

And you post the same cringeworthy crap on Twitter everyday. So what? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, shipps said:

Chances are among the young talent the Sox have in house there isn’t that bat available to protect and pair with Jimenez. There are some great prospects to fill up that lineup, just not that generational talent like MM or Harper that can really transform the future of this group. 

How many superstars would you say there are in the MLB right now?  Just an estimate, not a complete list.

Why are we shitting all over dave again? You can take or leave the barstool part of his persona but he doesn't spread bad info around.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

How many superstars would you say there are in the MLB right now?  Just an estimate, not a complete list.

3-5.

1 hour ago, shipps said:

Chances are among the young talent the Sox have in house there isn’t that bat available to protect and pair with Jimenez. There are some great prospects to fill up that lineup, just not that generational talent like MM or Harper that can really transform the future of this group. 

To be clear, I also want one of these two guys, but I think a stud 3B fits this team better than a stud OF.