Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I think I'm ready to admit that Hector Gomez is full of it

I don't think he's full of it. I think he had legitimate info. But it seems like all the attention and new followers influenced him, and he's now tossing out random stuff and mentioning others' rumors because he needs content to keep the following he gained. Plus, he can say "nothing has changed, Manny still likely to Sox" only so many times. There's sadly nothing to talk about. He should do what the big sites do for empty content - start tweeting out power rankings.

4 minutes ago, EL1 said:

I agree! It seems like he's just looking for followers at this point. 

Hector Gomez source is obviously someone in the Machado camp. I do believe his 8 for 250 offer is true, I don’t believe the pirates as a mystery team is true tho, just something the Machado camp may have put in his ear to try and help drive up the price. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

I don't think he's full of it. I think he had legitimate info. But it seems like all the attention and new followers influenced him, and he's now tossing out random stuff and mentioning others' rumors because he needs content to keep the following he gained. Plus, he can say "nothing has changed, Manny still likely to Sox" only so many times. There's sadly nothing to talk about. He should do what the big sites do for empty content - start tweeting out power rankings.

I don't think he's making stuff up, I just think he keeps repeating himself to stay relevant. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't think he's making stuff up, I just think he keeps repeating himself to stay relevant. 

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Dude has probably tweeted 50x already that the Sox are likely going to sign Manny. He's not going to get any more attention by repeating the same thing when there's no news. And he's not a douche like Dan Clark, so he won't dig in and bring attention to himself by insulting others or guaranteeing that Manny will sign here. So he's addressing random rumors from others (like the Pirates rumor) just to keep the views and followers. He got a taste of fame and he needs the attention.

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why the fuck does ARod’s opinion matter in all of this?

Both from Miami. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/manny-machado-alex-rodriguez-have-a-miami-connection-1.4083114

He was my favorite player growing up and I've always looked up to him since I've been playing baseball," Machado said 

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t believe how quiet things have gotten.  Like other than a random tweet from Hector Gomez, there is literally nothing right now.  This is beyond brutal.

Honestly, I'm more amazed that you have 1,262 community reputation points. Astonishing.

Edit: this is not meant to be an insult. Rather, that is an impressive number lol

Edited by Ross Gload Fan

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Both from Miami. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/manny-machado-alex-rodriguez-have-a-miami-connection-1.4083114

He was my favorite player growing up and I've always looked up to him since I've been playing baseball," Machado said 

So does this mean A-Rod is our next acquisition?

• Haha 1

https://www.12up.com/posts/6277016-rumor-dominican-mlb-insider-says-pirates-look-like-mystery-team-on-manny-machado

"Pittsburgh seems to be aggressive in trying to clear payroll, which makes sense if they are going after Machado. He's the kind of star player and middle-of-the-order bat who can play shortstop for the Bucs, so there is a baseball fit here."

If the Pirates somehow land Machado, the NL Central in 2019 is going to be insane. Even the Cincinnati Reds are trying to make moves to compete with the Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals. Game alllllll the way on."

Hector Gomez getting his name out there again.

Here's a good one, lol.   Pirates are the mystery team in on Machado (even though they brought back Kang, they let Harrison go)...trade Marte for Pederson, boom!  Contenders.

Well, if we can't beat the Pirates after they've dumped Cole, Harrison and McCutcheon...not sure what to say.   Which makes it a lot less likely than the Padres (as the mystery team) being in a similar position to the White Sox (but still staring up at the Dodgers).  And the Padres already signed Hosmer as well last offseason.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres