Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

22 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Rick Hahn is already a known liar. He lied about calling up prospects when they force the issue and now he’s going to lie about spending big money when the time is right. Fire this clown if he fails to sign Machado 

NASCAR!  (had to bring it back for this one)

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the 1 in a trillion comes in and the Sox get outbid by the Pirates, they will deserve everything thrown at them. But really, there is a better chance the Cubs move to Rosemont after they are done renovating than that happening. 

We agree on this one. The Sox should not be outbid by the Pirates.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the 1 in a trillion comes in and the Sox get outbid by the Pirates, they will deserve everything thrown at them. But really, there is a better chance the Cubs move to Rosemont after they are done renovating than that happening. 

"If" that was to happen the only way the White Sox could get a pass from the fans is if Manny signs with another ballclub for around  9 years and  $350 million. 

43 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Rick Hahn is already a known liar. He lied about calling up prospects when they force the issue and now he’s going to lie about spending big money when the time is right. Fire this clown if he fails to sign Machado 

I love a good laugh with my morning coffee. Thank you.

Anyone think our supposed offer would increase if we knew of an actual team who has outbid us?  If true, think it's a perfectly priced offer that no one else seems to have beaten.  I'm starting to think it's the current market value for Manny Machado (plus a little room to bump up if there's actually another team willing to beat it).  

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Lol it would be amazing if him signing to the sox is broken in the next couple of hours and we can credit Wikipedia as having it first.

Wiki says 1/25 signing....so this is some back to the future stuff. 

Also...I laughed hard...then cried because he is playing 3rd...

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.07.39 AM.png

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Haha 2

Just now, steveno89 said:

Strange that there has been ZERO Machado news for quite some time now. The longer this drags on, the less confident I am in us signing him. 

Whats the hurry for Machado tho?  He knows the White Sox aren't going anywhere.  

The strange thing is that not only has any Manny chatter gone dead, but it seems like all noise about Harper, Keuchel, Ottavino, and Kimbrel went silent as well the last week or so.  And not just relative to the Sox, but in general.  It's feels like Thanos snapped his fingers.

1 minute ago, RTC said:

The strange thing is that not only has any Manny chatter gone dead, but it seems like all noise about Harper, Keuchel, Ottavino, and Kimbrel went silent as well the last week or so.  And not just relative to the Sox, but in general.  It's feels like Thanos snapped his fingers.

Ottavino signed with the yankees

1 minute ago, RTC said:

Ottavino signed, but yes it seems like final offers are in and teams are just going to wait.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Whats the hurry for Machado tho?  He knows the White Sox aren't going anywhere.  

True, but if he really did want to sign with the Sox why wouldn't he have already? 

I get holding out for higher offers, but if Lozano is still seeking north of $300 million I highly doubt any team jumps to those heights merely by waiting. 

The entire free agent market seems to be in a holding pattern

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

True, but if he really did want to sign with the Sox why wouldn't he have already? 

I get holding out for higher offers, but if Lozano is still seeking north of $300 million I highly doubt any team jumps to those heights merely by waiting. 

The entire free agent market seems to be in a holding pattern

Why sign for $250M today, when you know that offer will still be there in a month, and you could extract more value from another club, whether that means signing with them, or just getting the sox to up theirs. 

At this point, this isn't ending any time soon. 

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Lozano sent out a release last week that pretty much guaranteed that there wouldn’t be any news or leaks about Machado until he signs. 

This is an interesting thought.  Is it possible that his statement not only shut everyone up, but also had ripple effects on chatter beyond just Manny?

22 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why sign for $250M today, when you know that offer will still be there in a month, and you could extract more value from another club, whether that means signing with them, or just getting the sox to up theirs. 

At this point, this isn't ending any time soon. 

Exactly. They want to wait for Harper. If he doesn't sign with Philly, Machado has an excellent chance of getting an improved offer. It's not like the White Sox are in a take it or leave it position.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres