Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, peppers312 said:

but a 31 year old pitcher just coming off a 1-year deal with 2.62 WAR is going to get more than $13M

And he got that contract coming off a 3.9 WAR in 2017. He's one year older and the team that signs him has to give up a pick. Whoever signs him is going to be for 2 years with an option for a 3rd. 

1 minute ago, RTC said:

If they somehow pulled off anything sneaky, I'm sure tomorrow most of us will look like Rowand when Pods hit that home run off of Brad Lidge --> "No.  No way.  No way!!"

knowing how this offseason has gone, Manny will be at soxfest but only to hang out with Yonder and not sign anything.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

They televise the opening ceremonies 

They are also televising the Rick and Ricky seminar tomorrow which is the first time they've done that. That one is normally closed to hotel package guests only. 

Edited by Sockin

Just now, mqr said:

Advertising that you MIGHT sign someone to season ticket holders is a bold move. 

Back in the day I had Bulls season tickets and I wasn't renewing after Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Phil left. They had someone call me who was urging me to return. The Bulls had traded for Chuck Person. He was trying to sell me on this. They did trade for him and immediately waived him. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

knowing how this offseason has gone, Manny will be at soxfest but only to hang out with Yonder and not sign anything.  

And Bruce Levine will be reporting that Manny got in for less than full price

Edited by RTC
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Back in the day I had Bulls season tickets and I wasn't renewing after Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Phil left. They had someone call me who was urging me to return. The Bulls had traded for Chuck Person. He was trying to sell me on this. They did trade for him and immediately waived him. 

You telling me you dropped out before Dickey Simpkins sprang to superstardom!?

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If Machado has agreed to sign here there is no way that wouldn't have been leaked at this point.

Also seems like a pretty big lack of professional courtesy, particularly from Lozano

Edited by mqr

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres