Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's gonna be like a wwe ppv contract signing.  There will be table on a stage, Rick will come out of one side with a briefcase, sit down at the table, Jim Ross will start screaming "OH MAH GAWD ITS MACHADO" and Manny will walk out of the other side of the stage and sit down and sign the contract. 

SURPRISE HARPER RUN IN AFTER THE CONTRACT IS HELD HIGH

I've envisioned this in the past. Sox bring out Manny, but then Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton show up, knock out Hahn and take out the whole team. Kopech comes in and tried to make the save, but they beat him down and stomp on his surgically repaired elbow. Manny leaves with the Yankees.

This Sunday at the Royal Rumble, it will be Ricky Renteria vs. Aaron Boone in a contract-on-a-pole match for the rights to Machado. When the ref gets knocked out and the Yankees fill the ring, "By Gawd, that's Bryce Harper's music!" Harper takes out the entire Yankees team. Machado enters the ring pissed off. Him and Harper stare each other down for 30 seconds. Then Manny smiles and shakes Bryce's hand. He quickly superkicks Aaron Boone and pulls the lifeless body of Ricky on top of Boone. Ricky, Machado and Harper celebrate, then rip the shirt of an unconscious Stanton and spray paint sWo on his back.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

I've envisioned this in the past. Sox bring out Manny, but then Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton show up, knock out Hahn and take out the whole team. Kopech comes in and tried to make the save, but they beat him down and stomp on his surgically repaired elbow. Manny leaves with the Yankees.

This Sunday at the Royal Rumble, it will be Ricky Renteria vs. Aaron Boone in a contract-on-a-pole match for the rights to Machado. When the ref gets knocked out and the Yankees fill the ring, "By Gawd, that's Bryce Harper's music!" Harper takes out the entire Yankees team. Machado enters the ring pissed off. Him and Harper stare each other down for 30 seconds. Then Manny smiles and shakes Bryce's hand. He quickly superkicks Aaron Boone and pulls the lifeless body of Ricky on top of Boone. Ricky, Machado and Harper celebrate, then rip the shirt of an unconscious Stanton and spray paint sWo on his back.

I love it, up until we all realize that Bruce and Bob would tweet within 10 minutes of it being over that the Sox offer is still 7/175 and no one is close to signing.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fits the SoxFest deadline narrative I mentioned earlier.  Hahn and co. wanted it wrapped up by start, Lozano wants the weekend or until the end of SoxFest to keep fielding other offers and/or get an extra perk thrown into contract.  I think it will be done by tonight...J. Michael Reinsdorf, feeling like he has created enough buzz on this site, now painting that element of surprise the org wants once again.

• Like 2

Just now, Princess Dye said:

My friend's friend went to the ST holder thing and met Palka. Told Palka: "Don't worry, I wont ask you about Machado" and Palka responds "PHEW. THANKS"

Chuck is doing a podcast with Yonder tonight.  It's going to be funny hearing him ask questions not pertaining to Manny, as everyone knows people only want to hear about that.

The kind of enthusiasm, which management would want to foster, is contagious. Being able to show excited fans, thrilling over the signing, would be much more effective at generating that kind of contagious enthusiasm, than some local reporters, many of whom are Cub fans, and national sports commentators, who constantly belittle and disparage our Sox. This is about optics and an attempt to get people excited. When exactly the rest of the baseball world discovers the news is less important than how it is reported. Interviewing the die hard fans, at Sox Fest, would be the most favorable manner, in which to disclose the news. "Wow, how exciting. I'd like to be a part of that".

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

You wrestling folks are weird.

Nah, most things would be better if they were like wrestling. Imagine after the Rams beat the Saints last week and celebrated on the field, then the Bears walked in with a briefcase entitling them to a game, and challenged the Rams to a games right then and there with the conference championship on the line? That would make things a lot more exciting.

7 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Fits the SoxFest deadline narrative I mentioned earlier.  Hahn and co. wanted it wrapped up by start, Lozano wants the weekend or until the end of SoxFest to keep fielding other offers and/or get an extra perk thrown into contract.  I think it will be done by tonight...J. Michael Reinsdorf, feeling like he has created enough buzz on this site, now painting that element of surprise the org wants once again.

gQgLFs6EPoaWLjfGpD5ITAISk3db0JXwUe04aFo3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Nah, most things would be better if they were like wrestling. Imagine after the Rams beat the Saints last week and celebrated on the field, then the Bears walked in with a briefcase entitling them to a game, and challenged the Rams to a games right then and there with the conference championship on the line? That would make things a lot more exciting.

Is that after the refs tore off their shirts to reveal Rams jerseys under them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

Yeah, and it would be cool to have managers like Jim Cornette, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, etc.  You could see Jimmy Hart in the Sox dugout with his megaphone yelling at umpires.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Politics has pretty much become wrestling, and that’s going super well. 

im sorry. 

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres