Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

If being at the table is something we are applauding,  it’s really pathetic. That’s like going to Jack Ruby’s ordering a steak , the steak comes and then walking out. When your friends ask you how it’s was you tell them I was there and it looked and smelled really good. Pay the money and eat the steak! Stop being cheap because we are sick of McDonald’s and Cold cut combos 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lightning said:

If being at the table is something we are applauding,  it’s really pathetic. That’s like going to Jack Ruby’s ordering a steak , the steak comes and then walking out. When your friends ask you how it’s was you tell them I was there and it looked and smelled really good. Pay the money and eat the steak! Stop being cheap because we are sick of McDonald’s and Cold cut combos 

Lied about staying in the shadows... but I love me a nice Cold cut Combo any day of the week!

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did Hahn specifically say they have an offer out to Manny?  Don't believe he did, as that's not allowed by the CBA.

Going off of this from Fegan

Hahn says they’ve made offers that would disprove the idea the White Sox won’t spend at the top of the market if they were accepted, and hopes to disprove that narrative over the next few weeks

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I noticed that too and I don't really know what to make of it

Im guessing someone got in his ear to not be so eager to talk about it as to not say something he shouldn't

Edited by mqr

Just now, Kiebs13 said:

I read into it as he thinks it's close to happening, but the organization told him this is something he can't talk about until if/when it gets done.

my hope (1% chance) is that it gets announced in next few hours, as I don't know how he's going to do a live podcast at 7 tonight if that question is off the table.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Right. 

Have you guys ever done an auction fantasy baseball league? Sometimes a good player falls through the cracks because the most of the league settled their guys at that position early, and so it looks like the team that waited is about to get a good deal. 

But then one or two other dudes in the league say, “I don’t need another second baseman, but if he’s going to go THAT low, I’m in.”

And then what happens is the player ends up going for pretty much what the projected value was. San Diego is playing “price cop”

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Based on Yonder, maybe the burner account was right and there is a snag.

Is there a chance that the deadline on the Sox offer was last night?  And at the last minute someone offered more and kind of reset the whole process?

Just spitballing on how Yonder went from telling fans to be ready to be surprised to "I can't talk about stuff that may or may not happen".... this is obviously taking into consideration that both statements were genuine when made.

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Right. 

Have you guys ever done an auction fantasy baseball league? Sometimes a good player falls through the cracks because the most of the league settled their guys at that position early, and so it looks like the team that waited is about to get a good deal. 

But then one or two other dudes in the league say, “I don’t need another second baseman, but if he’s going to go THAT low, I’m in.”

And then what happens is the player ends up going for pretty much what the projected value was. San Diego is playing “price cop”

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

Someone told Alonso to clam up. That may be a good thing from our perspective.

Or maybe he's going to sign with the Padres. No one knows anything. We're all just throwing darts here.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres