Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

We’re going to lose machado to san diego arent we?

I don't think so. They are not east coast which was Manny's original desire. They are also not a contender like us. I would be more worried about NY or Philly which are east coast and contenders more than I would SD.  As long as we can match them in money, we should be the better situation.  

5 hours ago, AJ123 said:

Welp. There’s the ‘tampering of expectations’ we’ve been expecting.

And Danny Parkins thinks it’s okay for them to miss out on Machado and Harper since it bodes well for them to be at the table in the future. I’m not sure if it works that way or how it benefits the Sox.

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They won’t be saving the money they have pocketed for free agents in the future if they miss out. That was another argument on 670 today. Sports radio screws with the mind.

There are two 26-year-old franchise altering FAs out there this year.  They need to grab one of them.  I have zero faith if they strike out this year that next year will be any different.  If they lose out on either its either they were blown out of the water or Manny wanted to play for the Yankees.  If its we low bid and waited for the bargain to show up then that's a franchise killer as far as trust.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orlando said:

Going off of this from Fegan

Hahn says they’ve made offers that would disprove the idea the White Sox won’t spend at the top of the market if they were accepted, and hopes to disprove that narrative over the next few weeks

If only we knew what was offered to prove the validity of that statement.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If what the person who originally posted is accurate then I'd be pissed to if I were a Sox fan. Covering Theo's entire presser and giving the Sox one question for basically the same type venue is flat out wrong. I get it, they are the Cubs station but not everyone who listens to their station is a Cub fan...if they decide those folks aren't worth the trouble they are risking alienating a percentage of possible listeners and that does cut into the bottom line / making money.

The majority of hosts are Sox fans and you would think with some of the hosts being analytically literate that they would talk about the Sox and Cubs. Their guests have gotten pretty random in the afternoons and the only listen I can tolerate for hours is Bernstein and McKnight. The pot smoking gambling fools in the afternoon are obnoxious and don’t provide that much insight. It’s a Cubs station but they aren’t serving the public much. Heck, I get more analysis out of Spiegs than I do Mac and Parkins combined. 

14 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

There are two 26-year-old franchise altering FAs out there this year.  They need to grab one of them.  I have zero faith if they strike out this year that next year will be any different.  If they lose out on either its either they were blown out of the water or Manny wanted to play for the Yankees.  If its we low bid and waited for the bargain to show up then that's a franchise killer as far as trust.  

I don’t get the argument that if the Sox were rejected this year, it would bode well for future years of being at the table for those future years. Players could just chose other teams even if we offered the most. I can’t see why the Sox would want to go after mega deals unless it was for Arenado or pitchers like  Sale.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres