yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is one of Incarcerated Bob's accounts. Nothing to see here.

Why would he post some rumors on one account, and other rumors on his other account? If he truly believed in this info, wouldn't it behoove him to tweet it out from his main account to help prove that he has sources?

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak

image.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Why would be post some rumors on one account, and other rumors on his other account? If he truly believed in this info, wouldn't it behoove him to tweet it out from his main account to help prove that he has sources?

I don't know if it's actually him, but the account in question proudly states that it's a member of the Incarcerated Bob Network, has various links to his sites, etc. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't know if it's actually him, but the account in question proudly states that it's a member of the Incarcerated Bob Network, has various links to his sites, etc. 

I'm not disagreeing that it is very clearly associated with him if not actually him, but I just think it's weird to post it from that account. Could be because he's not confident enough to attach it to his own name, unless it's true, then he can likely retweet it and say he posted it from his other account.

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm not disagreeing that it is very clearly associated with him if not actually him, but I just think it's weird to post it from that account. Could be because he's not confident enough to attach it to his own name, unless it's true, then he can likely retweet it and say he posted it from his other account.

It also allows him to fabricate larger scoops to look more legitimate. 

2 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

I thought it was obvious from his post he didn't mean everyone here is dense but instead those who keep saying how WSD doesn't know anything and then has multiple people say otherwise.

Being a part of this board doesn't make someone dense; arguing the same thing over and over again when the evidence proves it wrong makes someone dense.

Thank you. This was correct

And this board, quite frankly, is very awesome. The best discussions, amongst any other forums I follow, are on this one. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/28/manny-machados-last-resort-why-a-one-year-deal-can-make-sense/

Joel Sherman of NY Post argues why a $35~40 million one year MM deal to White Sox, Padres, Phillies might make the most sense.  (But still not buying it.)

I can't believe this crap came from Joel Sherman.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

28 minutes ago, mqr said:

The white Sox or Padres signing that deal makes zero sense

The only argument is the same reason they wanted to trade for him before last year.

Taste of experience, become familiar with coaches and minor league talent, city of Chicago, etc.

Would agree Phillies, Mets, Cardinals, Angels, heck...any team with illusions of contending in 2019 would be the ones to offer this kind of deal.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:08 PM, southsider2k5 said:

There is zero chance that any Reinsdorf is doing this. 

Just out of curiosity...how do you know this?  How do you know with 100% certainty what the current owner does or does not do, related to White Sox baseball? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Would be pretty easy to verify if #Vegas has done that.

Posted in the other thread but I dont think Vegas ever had prop bets like that. They hate that kind of stuff. If they did, for those odds to be no longer be available in late January would not be surprising. The Machado line is nonexistent too. You could and still can get the bets overseas however.

Phillies still 15 to 1 in Vegas for the WS

Fans (not just white sox fans) are tired of people on the internet posing as insiders and taking stabs at breaking sports news.  There are tons of people doing this for attention and hoping to start or advance a career.  It is mildly infuriating to the general sports internet public. 

So, if you are an actual insider, and you want to pose as one on the internet, you have to expect people to get cranky when you have attempted to break news and it doesn't come to fruition.  Obviously, nothing is guaranteed and an honest good person could get things wrong from time to time, but you have to know that negative reactions will come with the territory.  

Regular messageboard fans and general little people:  DO NOT let these insiders and their friends turn THEM MISSING ON NEWS into "non insider dudes on a message board are upset that we aren't sharing the secret news we have".  That is not what happened here.  A bunch of guys here eluded to varying degrees of something big going down soon and it didn't come true, and now they have managed to swing the tide from them being wrong into WE are the idiots for maybe even kinda slightly accusing them of being wrong.  

Somehow it is acceptable to tear Nightengale and Bruuuuce to shreds, calling them every name in the book, but we can't even question "our" guys?  

I apologize for any intentional or unintentional joking i've done with people's internet handles.  Peace.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The only argument is the same reason they wanted to trade for him before last year.

Taste of experience, become familiar with coaches and minor league talent, city of Chicago, etc.

Would agree Phillies, Mets, Cardinals, Angels, heck...any team with illusions of contending in 2019 would be the ones to offer this kind of deal.

I thought of that too. It won't happen regardless, but signing him for one year makes more sense than trading for one year of him one year into a rebuild.

8 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Fans (not just white sox fans) are tired of people on the internet posing as insiders and taking stabs at breaking sports news.  There are tons of people doing this for attention and hoping to start or advance a career.  It is mildly infuriating to the general sports internet public. 

So, if you are an actual insider, and you want to pose as one on the internet, you have to expect people to get cranky when you have attempted to break news and it doesn't come to fruition.  Obviously, nothing is guaranteed and an honest good person could get things wrong from time to time, but you have to know that negative reactions will come with the territory.  

Regular messageboard fans and general little people:  DO NOT let these insiders and their friends turn THEM MISSING ON NEWS into "non insider dudes on a message board are upset that we aren't sharing the secret news we have".  That is not what happened here.  A bunch of guys here eluded to varying degrees of something big going down soon and it didn't come true, and now they have managed to swing the tide from them being wrong into WE are the idiots for maybe even kinda slightly accusing them of being wrong.  

Somehow it is acceptable to tear Nightengale and Bruuuuce to shreds, calling them every name in the book, but we can't even question "our" guys?  

I apologize for any intentional or unintentional joking i've done with people's internet handles.  Peace.  

Shouldn’t there be SOME leeway for those who do it for fun and aren’t receiving any type of financial compensation?

Or the other point, if this was a pay site ($9.95/month) and we had walked-off access to exclusive insider information and some boards were just for paying members...then it would justifiably be easier to criticize, as those insiders would essentially be paid employees of the website.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Shouldn’t there be SOME leeway for those who do it for fun

Sure, I think "our" guys get more than some leeway.  

If Dan Clark came here and said Joc was all but done and his source said something big was going down at Soxfest, we'd make his mother delete her twitter account.

A few people here tried to dissect what info Team WSD had and why they couldn't share it after Shack said "If we knew what they know" and they came rolling into town and changed the narrative into we should be happy to get the news we get and we are trolls if we even question their info or their eyeballs.  A few members brought up the news they had right, not the news they've had wrong, everybody piled on and here we are.  

21 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

If Dan Clark came here and said Joc was all but done and his source said something big was going down at Soxfest, we'd make his mother delete her twitter account.

A few people here tried to dissect what info Team WSD had and why they couldn't share it after Shack said "If we knew what they know" and they came rolling into town and changed the narrative into we should be happy to get the news we get and we are trolls if we even question their info or their eyeballs.  A few members brought up the news they had right, not the news they've had wrong, everybody piled on and here we are.  

I think what you need to understand is things can be true but also not come to fruition. The Sox may very well have been very close on a Pederson deal, and then it falls through. If the deal never occurs does that mean all the info in the run up is bad? No, deals fall through all the time and people like we are talking about give us info from earlier stages than a reporter like rosenthal would.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I don’t think it was trolls...that’s probably too strong.  More about appreciating the inside information that we do get access to.

Maybe it’s also a fear with so many new posters surrounding this Machado soap opera that so many “attacks” on the so-called insiders will result in virtually no public information, or just friends sharing with each through PM’s.   Of course, that would eventually leak out or be hinted at through cryptic “knowing” comments.

There are two sides to every story, of course.  The problem is you’re unlikely to get much accountability in these situations.  Think of it like Jim Cramer on CNBC, Motley Fool or Gordon Chang arguing China is on the verge of collapse every year for at least a decade.  Eventually you’ll be right about something.  Some have a better track record.  It’s also human nature to crow about the times you were right, not the times you whiffed.  

It does get annoying when people have vague Rich Hahnesque exhortations that we should be confident or chill out because there are things going on behind the scenes we are not privy to (this limited info will also be the case for every original source except for maybe 10 individuals in the front office and board members), which comes into collision with almost four decades of only landing two Hall of Fame talents in Fisk and Belle via free agency. 

The equal parts excitement and fear or disappointment are rubbing together like two tectonic plates...it would be hard to imagine otherwise, as long as this has dragged out with already two ESPN front page headlines connecting the Sox and Machado.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think what you need to understand is things can be true but also not come to fruition. 

54 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

So, if you are an actual insider, and you want to pose as one on the internet, you have to expect people to get cranky when you have attempted to break news and it doesn't come to fruition.  Obviously, nothing is guaranteed and an honest good person could get things wrong from time to time, but you have to know that negative reactions will come with the territory.  

I understand.

Edited by GREEDY