Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I'm sure there's a stat that says a very high % of players that hit less than .230 in the minors and provide no defensive value, don't become major league regulars. Anyone who has confidence in Collins’ future has to be a homer. If he was in a different system, nobody on here would see any upside in this guy

I would guess that the track record of 23 year olds with career MiLB OBP's of .380 typically become very productive big league hitters. There is significant upside in Collins' bat.

12 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I'm sure there's a stat that says a very high % of players that hit less than .230 in the minors and provide no defensive value, don't become major league regulars. Anyone who has confidence in Collins’ future has to be a homer. If he was in a different system, nobody on here would see any upside in this guy

And there is the move of the goalposts still without any proof of anything you are trying to pass off as facts.

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And there is the move of the goalposts still without any proof of anything you are trying to pass off as facts.

If I was a lawyer, I would totally try his arguing skills in court:

Your honor, this man should be convicted! I’m sure there is a law somewhere that says so. Anyone who has confidence in him being innocent must be his friend.

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Who said that?

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/how-did-nolan-arenado-get-so-good-at-defense/

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/how-nolan-arenado-has-worked-to-become-one-of-the-best-players-in-baseball/

The reports on his defense aren't that dissimilar from the reports about Burger's defense at 3B. A bad-bodied awkward defender with a good arm.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If I was a lawyer, I would totally try his arguing skills in court:

Your honor, this man should be convicted! I’m sure there is a law somewhere that says so. Anyone who has confidence in him being innocent must be his friend.

This sounds vaguely familiar... Almost like there is someone famous we all know of who uses this exact speechwriting technique and social media presence. 

Bah.  I am sure it will come to me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, heirdog said:

He should have just come out and said “Sorry, I’m trying desperately to move Jabari Parker and then will get back to White Sox rumors. J. Michael Reinsdorf”

That 8 million they will save getting KCP will be a nice signing bonus for Manny

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I bet this is a member from SoxTalk. Not only have they referenced me in their tweets, and I don't have much of a follower count, but someone said today on here that the account hasn't been tweeting in a while and then poof, 2 new tweets.

I said the same thing the last time he posted something. But everyone was arguing that it was one of the Reinsdorfs.

• Kalapse changed the title to Manny: A totally worthwhile and satisfying click
11 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I bet this is a member from SoxTalk. Not only have they referenced me in their tweets, and I don't have much of a follower count, but someone said today on here that the account hasn't been tweeting in a while and then poof, 2 new tweets.

Probably Iowa lol

• Haha 5

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres