Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Also could the presser be for Otto Porter to Bulls (and maybe additional trades Bulls make tomorrow by the deadline?). Guy could just be confused...

And as much as the Bulls are Jerry’s red headed step child, he wouldn’t step on their news.

Not that we should believe this dude automatically, but he specifically mentioned the security was for a White Sox event.

11 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Also could the presser be for Otto Porter to Bulls (and maybe additional trades Bulls make tomorrow by the deadline?). Guy could just be confused...

And as much as the Bulls are Jerry’s red headed step child, he wouldn’t step on their news.

Do all bulls trades get pressers? Because Otto Porter doesn’t seem presser-worthy lol

1 hour ago, fathom said:

no, when he signs, there will be the "agreement has been reached with X team" and then there will be a press conference a few days later.  

Unleeeeeeeeeeeeeess both Lozano and Hahn want to stick it to the reporters

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

What’s this security detail tweet? Missed it while taking a dump.

Some guy says he was told by someone he knows who works in security that they need to get staffing ready for an announcement either Thursday or Friday. Didn't say if it was Manny or not, but I don't really get why they need to prepare security. And as others have said, it would be rare and surprising if the Sox have gotten a deal done, and physicals taken and everything ready to announce without anyone catching wind of this. Seems like it's either BS, or it's regarding something non-Manny related.

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Some guy says he was told by someone he knows who works in security that they need to get staffing ready for an announcement either Thursday or Friday. Didn't say if it was Manny or not, but I don't really get why they need to prepare security. And as others have said, it would be rare and surprising if the Sox have gotten a deal done, and physicals taken and everything ready to announce without anyone catching wind of this. Seems like it's either BS, or it's regarding something non-Manny related.

All security personnel gathered in a conference room this morning to hear an announcement about Miler Lite promotions effecting intoxication levels.

Just now, hi8is said:

All security personnel gathered in a conference room this morning to hear an announcement about Miler Lite promotions effecting intoxication levels.

It is Miller lite, so the vast quantities that it would take to intoxicated a crowd is a quantity that would need increased security.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How much security do you need for a press conference? 

Scott Merkin is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man. 

I initially had my interest peaked.

My friend was a huge cavs fan and prior to LeBron signing heard from his dad (who is a police sergeant or some higher level) that a bunch of off duties were called in for an upcoming day and that the rumor was it was for a LeBron signing.

But then so remembered that I’m pretty sure it was to add additional personnel to the home he still had in the area (where people congregated after his announcement).

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres