Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The fact that Fulmer even as a "maybe someone might actually fix him" last chance guy is more valuable to us than Joc is a great demonstration of why that deal is a poor fit for the White Sox. 

I think Joc is fairly valuable to the Sox if they land Machado.  I understand that you likely disagree.  We have a black hole in CF for the next 2 seasons at least.  I think Bummer + Fulmer is a pretty good trade for the Sox, I just personally like Fulmer and would like to give him one last real shot at a pen spot without jerking him around.  

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The fact that Fulmer even as a "maybe someone might actually fix him" last chance guy is more valuable to us than Joc is a great demonstration of why that deal is a poor fit for the White Sox. 

100% disagree here.  Three months from now Fulmer could have zero value, while Joc is a cheap, useful player that could be traded at deadline and return sometime greater if necessary.  The only reason you don’t make trade is if you’re convinced Driveline can return Carson to former 1st round pick glory.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Yes, but I’m going off the smoke from a couple weeks ago that agreement in principle w Sox done but just waiting Realmuto deal...and IMO, Manny signing w White Sox 

Did someone reputable actually say that there was an agreement in principle and Dodgers were just waiting for Realmuto resolution?  Or was that just Soxtalk speculation?

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

Did someone reputable actually say that there was an agreement in principle and Dodgers were just waiting for Realmuto resolution?  Or was that just Soxtalk speculation?

No, there was just a rumor started by Jason Kinander and corroborated by a bunch of twitter and board insiders. It was suggested strongly that the deal was done. It hasn't happened yet. 

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

No, but people strongly alleged that there was a deal very close to completion weeks ago, and the connection between that deal not happening and these talks makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

fulmer is nothing dude. zero faith in him rebounding

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I find it too believable that a guy can be fixed when he looks for help outside of our organization.

That's only if you think Fulmer wasn't DOA, which I am inclined to. 

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Fulmer went to Driveline this winter and apparently saw huge spikes in velocity and spin rates. While I wouldn't tell the Dodgers "no" if they demanded Fulmer, I am very curious to see how that Driveline work translates for him.

The problem is how do spikes in velocity & spin rate improve his command?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Fulmer went to Driveline this winter and apparently saw huge spikes in velocity and spin rates. While I wouldn't tell the Dodgers "no" if they demanded Fulmer, I am very curious to see how that Driveline work translates for him.

SInce the Dodgers and Sox share Camelback Ranch, I wouldn't be surprised for a trade were to be made after pitchers and catchers report.  It may give the Sox and Dodgers a chance to "scout" the final pieces of the trade some more.  

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

any examples of driveline turning around a specific player?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The problem is how do spikes in velocity & spin rate improve his command?

I agree, but I guess that's not something that they can translate in to concrete data for us. They have the cameras and pitch tracking to see velocity and spin rates. How can they prove his command is better? Either way, I'm intrigued. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Word

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If Driveline works for Fulmer, it will take an arm falling off for anyone to give up on a pitching prospect again.

Fulmer's stuff was fine. He couldn't throw a strike to save his life. I don't know how more spin and higher velo corrects that unless maybe it calms down his delivery a bit.

His stuff was fine in college until he tinkered things to death.

13 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

hmm interesting.  Have you heard of other pitchers going there and correcting flaws/having success

Nevermind. I see your Bauer comp

Edited by cjgalloway

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres