2B Moncada

3B Machado

DH Abreu

RF Harper

LF Jimenez

1B Alonso

C Castillo

SS Anderson

CF Engel (we’d have to fix this with literally anyone else, though)

The pitching staff is still nowhere close to being playoff ready even if we had that lineup with a better CF option. Bullpen is filled with questions outside of Colome and rotation is not playoff caliber.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s higher than that.  1/3 * 1/3 = ~11%.

I like the way you think, but the conditional probabilities of getting both are not equivalent to the standalone probabilities of acquiring one. There's a very real chance that getting one means the White Sox simply no longer pursue the other.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I know everyone jokes about Bob Nightengale, but when was the last time he was wrong about something Sox related? That is the only info I would trust from him.

Nightengale was particularly bad during the 2016 trade lead-up. Multiple times it seemed he would write stuff like "sox not entertaining offers for sale" and then five minutes later he'd be traded. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is still some pretty decent holes there, but still I think the 60-70 million needed to do that would be the immediate problem.

They only have $50M on the books this year. If they spent an additional 70 M to get that done, that is still only a 120M payroll which is modest these days. It is absolutely doable as long as the Keuchel and Pollock contracts come off the books when some of the guys start to get expensive in Arb. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Harper + Machado + Keuchel for only 60-70? I think that's 80-90.

Adding Keuchel for roughly $80 million on a 4 year deal would push spending totally to the brink for us I feel. We would have at least $90 million committed long term to just three players, which isn't ideal. 

Soxtalk is either the Fox News or CNN of reporting White Sox news depending on which side of the fence you are on.

NYY sources/rumors : FAKE NEWS!!

Nightengale rumors about any other team: FAKE NEWS!

Nightengale rumor about the Sox offering a contract: PANDAMONIUM!!

Which by the way, not to be a buzz  kill..... what did you expect... us to meet with him and not actually make a formal offer? And if it is really just 7 years? That's not going to get it done...

Before Christmas I said Machado 50%, Harper 15% and both 7.5%

Today I say Machado 30%, Harper 10% and both at 3%.

I may be the only one not drinking the sauce here...

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No way am I trading a guy with Moncada’s tools after just one full season.

Word! I was all for the Madrigal pick but there's zero chance I keep him over Moncada. Moncada has tools that Madrigal will never have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I like the way you think, but the conditional probabilities of getting both are not equivalent to the standalone probabilities of acquiring one. There's a very real chance that getting one means the White Sox simply no longer pursue the other.

No doubt and honestly I was just fucking around, but I do think there is a case for pursuing both if you can land them for about $75M/year.  With our new TV deal, that could give us a good $100M to work with to fill out the rest of the roster and potentially even more.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Guff saying Sox getting both is not likely 

I think that was always a tweet that could be read in a few ways. Most conservative reading was that they were interested in both of them individually, not as a package.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres