yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

I really don't think the Sox are going to come this far and then say fuck it were moving on. Besides, nobody like pulling out early...

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Everyone is melting down and yet Fathom is optimistic. What in the world is going on today 

Bizzaro world.

The attitude around here ebbs and flows based on absolutely nothing. It really is something  to behold. It's like everyone forgot that all the top guys last year didn't sign until this time as well.

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

Just now, mqr said:

The attitude around here ebbs and flows based on absolutely nothing. It really is something  to behold.

I think it ebbs and flows based on when media brings up the big market teams. If a media member mentions the yanks with MM or cubs with Harper everybody loses their minds...

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Everyone is melting down and yet Fathom is optimistic. What in the world is going on today 

here are the things that would cause a meltdown if they happened, outside of both signing elsewhere on same day (in which case, melt away):

- Yankees trading Andujar

- Cubs trading Heyward

- Harper signing with a team that's not the Phillies

- Sox signing Moustakas

• Like 2

Padres' The Athletic writer opines that Lozano is asking the Pads to give a number, and when they do, they'll be granted a meeting

Since the Pads havent hit the number, they havent gotten the meeting.

So... sounds good to me. He also said "more waiting is on the agenda. neither agent wants their guy to sign first"

10 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

I think it ebbs and flows based on when media brings up the big market teams. If a media member mentions the yanks with MM or cubs with Harper everybody loses their minds...

For me I haven’t even read anything in the media today it was just a feeling I got. It means nothing, just a familiar feeling. 

I have said from the start of this that I never felt like time would be on the Sox side. Time will allow for so many variables to take place that will leave the Sox out. There more this goes on the greater the chance that something happens to knock them out. They needed to be aggressive in my opinion. They are making a business decision in playing this semi conservatively, it appears. Ultimately who the heck knows what’s going on behind the scene though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

For me I haven’t even read anything in the media today it was just a feeling I got. It means nothing, just a familiar feeling. 

I have said from the start of this that I never felt like time would be on the Sox side. Time will allow for so many variables to take place that will leave the Sox out. There more this goes on the greater the chance that something happens to knock them out. They needed to be aggressive in my opinion. They are making a business decision in playing this semi conservatively, it appears. Ultimately who the heck knows what’s going on behind the scene though. 

Shut up shipps

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

here are the things that would cause a meltdown if they happened, outside of both signing elsewhere on same day (in which case, melt away):

- Yankees trading Andujar

- Cubs trading Heyward

- Harper signing with a team that's not the Phillies

- Sox signing Moustakas

I really don't see any of those things happening. The Harper one is probably the most likely but even that seems like a long shot right now.

4 hours ago, oldsox said:

Mark Texiera was on one of the ESPN morning shows today, and he went into detail about feeling sorry for Machado/Harper because the big market teams are not bidding for them, even saying that they possibly do not want to play for any of the teams that are making offers.

Tears flow for wealthy

But for the rich man instead

Smoke clouds vision now

• Like 1

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

• Like 1

I wonder how much of this is affecting the Sox other roster moves they may have in the pipeline. Hahn said there were 3-4 other moves in the works. Obvious that could have been complete bull, or moves that didn’t come together. Pederson and Realmuto were 2 of them. I can’t help but wonder how Hahn and co. must be feeling that the rest of the offseason is hindging on Manny signing and ST is literally days away. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

It is the same general feeling I have had all winter.  The Sox aren't the type of franchise that historically wins these types of situations.  Nothing they have done this winter has been very inspirational to change that point of view.  This just keeps dragging on and one, now the talk is about other teams getting back involved in the situation, which could be really bad for the Sox.  For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

With the Sox failing to close the deal so far, the door is open to literally anyone to come to Jesus and realize what they could do here they may never be able to do again.

Is it sad that I just don't care anymore if the White sox sign Machado (or Harper, although he seems to be connected to other teams moreso)? Yes, I'd be happy if the Sox sign Machado, but I've stopped checking in like I was in January, and now it's pretty much....just make a decision .

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This is why things aren't looking good. Unless you think Vegas likes giving out free money. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Unknown said:

This is why things aren't looking good. Unless you think Vegas likes giving out free money. 

lol first of all, betonline is australia not vegas. lines are based on where people are going to bet money and everyone will bet on the yankees for anything. pretty simple.

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm neutral. Joy to us all if the Sox sign Machado. The rebuild is still intact if they don't. MM signs with someone sooner or later . I come here almost every day to check threads anyway so one will eventually be about Manny or Harper signing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Did Machado even meet with the Padres?  Those odds are fricken goofy.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is the same general feeling I have had all winter.  The Sox aren't the type of franchise that historically wins these types of situations.  Nothing they have done this winter has been very inspirational to change that point of view.  This just keeps dragging on and one, now the talk is about other teams getting back involved in the situation, which could be really bad for the Sox.  For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

With the Sox failing to close the deal so far, the door is open to literally anyone to come to Jesus and realize what they could do here they may never be able to do again.

Business men dont have come to jesus moments about spending 300 million dollars they didnt plan on spending 1 month ago.

• Like 1