Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s be honest, if cheating is so rampant around the league, I’m guessing the White Sox did their homework on Manny and talked to some people around the league before taking on Alonso’s $9M salary.  I seriously doubt a reduced ability to cheat on his wife will have any consideration on his decision.

I agree and if cheating on your wife is the first thing on your mind when choosing where you sign a brand new hundreds of million dollar contract maybe just maybe I would reconsider being married in the first place and get a divorce so I don’t lose a good chunk of it when it’s found out I’ve been cheating....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I agree and if cheating on your wife is the first thing on your mind when choosing where you sign a brand new hundreds of million dollar contract maybe just maybe I would reconsider being married in the first place and get a divorce so I don’t lose a good chunk of it when it’s found out I’ve been cheating....

In the words of Kanye, "It's something that you need to have, 'cause when she leave yo ass she gonna leave with half"

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What was Ozzie and Freddie Garcia's relationship?

Garcia was married to a girl Ozzie considered his niece. Wasn't a blood relation but a real close family friend, if I remember correctly. 

32 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I can’t believe we’ve reached the point where we are debated the better fit for Manny potentially cheating on his wife. He really needs to sign and get this over with. Not sure I want to be here for the conversation on which city is easier to dispose of a body in case Manny decides to kill someone.

If this goes into February, book it.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I can’t believe we’ve reached the point where we are debated the better fit for Manny potentially cheating on his wife. He really needs to sign and get this over with. Not sure I want to be here for the conversation on which city is easier to dispose of a body in case Manny decides to kill someone.

We have a lake. Philly and New York both have rivers, those would have much stronger currents and also can be exposed to strong noreasters and hurricanes that could dislodge something buoyant if you went to the effort of going all the way out to the ocean. Cement shoes and a boat out into the lake, then let the mussels eat the remains. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

We have a lake. Philly and New York both have rivers, those would have much stronger currents and also can be exposed to strong noreasters and hurricanes that could dislodge something buoyant if you went to the effort of going all the way out to the ocean. Cement shoes and a boat out into the lake, then let the mussels eat the remains. 

However, with the strong current of the rivers, the body may wash away into the ocean and won't be seen again. Those northeastern lobsters will get into the remains as well.

Looks like his agent has more research to do. No wonder it is taking so long.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Chicagos clearance rate on murders is like under 20%, you don't even need to dispose of the body in this town. Advantage White Sox!

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

However, with the strong current of the rivers, the body may wash away into the ocean and won't be seen again. Those northeastern lobsters will get into the remains as well.

Looks like his agent has more research to do. No wonder it is taking so long.

If the body gets loose it will float up to the surface and it won't get carried out to sea, it'll get carried alongshore and deposited at an accumulating beach. That's the big problem, you need the body to stay submerged until there's nothing left but bones, and along the shoreline there's no current that would carry it out to sea. The gulf stream is way too far away, the waters from the Hudson and the Delaware get caught up in eddies and circulate back to shore. You can see that in this supercomputer animation of current ocean currents. You gotta go for a lake on this one, the ocean is too active, as is the East River/Hudson River/Delaware River.

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the body gets loose it will float up to the surface and it won't get carried out to sea, it'll get carried alongshore and deposited at an accumulating beach. That's the big problem, you need the body to stay submerged until there's nothing left but bones, and along the shoreline there's no current that would carry it out to sea. The gulf stream is way too far away, the waters from the Hudson and the Delaware get caught up in eddies and circulate back to shore. You can see that in this supercomputer animation of current ocean currents. You gotta go for a lake on this one, the ocean is too active, as is the East River/Hudson River/Delaware River.

You sound like you've done this before.

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2019/01/07/price-at-which-manny-machado-would-be-worth-risk-to-yankees/

dont know if this has been posted during all the cheating and potential killing coverups but NY post saying no offer has been made to Manny, whether that is true or not he did bring up a point would manny bite with an opt out after 2019 to become a yankee and get a bigger pay day next season?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Remind me never to piss you off, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres