yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Gotta admit, even though this episode of the Manny telenovela was pretty short, it ranks up there with my favorites. We had some baby shoes and his estranged cousin. 

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Manny follows Yes Network and then people go nuts so he takes it down.

Posts White Sox baby shoes, people go nuts and he takes it down.

He and his wife are either very good at trolling or just dont understand social media. They have to know that people would go crazy about those things right?

If they’re for Alonso’s daughter why can’t she post them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Because the internet doesn't care for your context dammit

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Why troll a fan base that you either still might sign with or is going to have to cheer on two of your closest friends if you don't sign there?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Totally can. I’m just saying since it was deleted, they probably didn’t want people to think it meant anything. Of course people would though. 

I tend to not put much stock into social media posts, but Manny's got to know that if he doesn't sign with the Sox there's a decent chance that Alonso will be traded before opening day (and almost certainly by this year's trade deadline), right?  So getting Alonso's daughter Sox shoes is just odd unless Manny is currently of the mind that he's going to sign with the Sox.  My two cents.

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I tend to not put much stock into social media posts, but Manny's got to know that if he doesn't sign with the Sox there's a decent chance that Alonso will be traded before opening day (and almost certainly by this year's trade deadline), right?  So getting Alonso's daughter Sox shoes is just odd unless Manny is currently of the mind that he's going to sign with the Sox.  My two cents.

There is zero chance Alonso is traded before opening day if sox don't sign manny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

There is zero chance that Alonso is traded before opening day, no matter what Manny does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I've been saying it for a while now, but I truly believe Manny has known he will be playing for the Sox for at least a month now. His agent is just trying to get him the best possible deal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why troll a fan base that you either still might sign with or is going to have to cheer on two of your closest friends if you don't sign there?

They are for her niece, whose father plays for that team. The shoes had her brother's number on them. People just try to read too much into things.

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why?

Deadlines work in every other sport. This off season is terrible for baseball. A deadline should absolutely exist.

If you put a deadline on it, it only favors the team. Maybe as someone suggested, there was a signing tax after a certain date (Feb 1), that would encourage the owners to get it over with sooner and up their offers.

32 minutes ago, Orlando said:

First tweet about Manny and the Sox was 5/21/18 and has tweeted about other stuff as well. Could be a dedicated troll but who knows

A tweet about who Machado will sign with in the months of February or March 2019 on May 21, 2018 means absolutely nothing.

31 minutes ago, shipps said:

I have been talking about Manny since probably over a year ago on my tl and I could literally change my name to Ships Machado within ten seconds. It means nothing. 

Exactly.

36 minutes ago, South Sider said:

There must be some significance of the right shoe being number 1 and the left shoe being number 7. Manny #71 for the Sox confirmed. 

His brother in law wears #17.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

In the beginning of the offseason, I would have agreed with you. But I don't believe that's the case anymore. I think Manny wants to play with the White Sox at this point because of Alonso and Jay. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

They are for her niece, whose father plays for that team. The shoes had her brother's number on them. People just try to read too much into things.

Then why delete it?

Just now, fathom said:

Then why delete it?

Heyman tweeted about it, so it may have just brought unneccessary scrutiny.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Then why delete it?

Because they found out too many people read into things and the agent told them to take it down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Heyman tweeted about it, so it may have just brought unneccessary scrutiny.

Heyman... jeez... this getting his attention shows how low we are this year.

On the bright side of things, when the levy breaks all the late activity will be exciting as it rapidly unfolds.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

There is zero chance Alonso is traded before opening day if sox don't sign manny.

Likely true.  But Alonso didn't make much sense as an acquisition without the Manny connection, and he would be a constant reminder of their failure to get Manny.  To say nothing of the fact that the Sox fanbase (unjustifiably) would probably harbor some resentment towards Alonso for not convincing Manny to come here.  Make no mistake - the front office will be planning on how to move Alonso within hours of Manny signing somewhere else.

Edited by Perfect Vision

You want to talk about low? The official MLB Spanish twitter posted this. That’s how low we have gotten this off season. 

Lol

Edited by Orlando

I’m not gonna lie, before I was able to process what I was seeing on his story I was shitting my pants. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Gotta admit, even though this episode of the Manny telenovela was pretty short, it ranks up there with my favorites. We had some baby shoes and his estranged cousin. 

It was thrilling, but the "Does Manny not want to play with Yonder because he'd hamper his Road Strange?" cliffhanger is my favorite episode of this season.

• Haha 2

Just now, shipps said:

I’m not gonna lie, before I was able to process what I was seeing on his story I was shitting my pants. 

Bad lunch?